- JT Dunn (@TheJuiceee)-It was a career defining weekend for ½ of the CZW and FIP World Tag Team Champions. While he’s held multiple titles and done many great things already in his career, his two victories over the weekend have to rank right up there at the top of his list of accomplishments. First, he defeated Bobby Fish at XWA on 6/21 and then he defeated Chris Hero at Beyond Wrestling on 6/22 in a Knock Out Match. This was a match that Dunn had been begging for and he came out victorious. There was a bit of debate among the voters this week as to who was the rightful #1, but in the end “The Juice” took the top spot. #8 in the online poll.
- David Starr (@TheProductDS)-His name has popped up time and time again in the Indy Power Rankings, whether it was the Tag Team Top 5 or the Indy Power Rankings Top 10, he’s been forcing EVERYONE to “look at it.” ½ of the CZW and FIP World Tag Team Champions did not defend those titles over the weekend, but rather, he defended his XWA Heavyweight Title as he first defeated Chris Dickinson, Matt Taven, and Jason Blade on 6/21 and then defeated Brian Fury on 6/22.
- Michael Elgin (@ROHMichaelElgin)-The new ROH World Champion will likely be a controversial topic as to where he is ranked this week. There were official voters who felt that his World Title win was enough to give him the #1 spot for the company that is arguably the biggest independent company going today. There was the other side that felt that his loss to Josh Alexander on 6/20 at AAW should be taken into account. In the end, he didn’t get another #1, but we’re quite sure he’ll sleep well at night with his belt (3 of them actually) and gorgeous wife, MsChif. Congrats to last year’s IPR 100 #1 on his huge win!
- Tyler Bate (@Tyler_Bate)-What an incredible weekend! He absolutely dominated Great Bear Promotions as he won their Junior Heavyweight Cup 2014 on 6/21 by defeating Axel Dieter Jr., and CJ Banks & Damian Dunne to win the tournament. He didn’t stop there. He then beat former multiple time People’s Champ Josh Bodom the next day and then finished off the weekend by winning a 12 Man Elimination Match that same day. He was 4-0 on the weekend. #2 in the online poll with 92 votes.
- John Klinger (@TheGermanPsycho)-“Bad Bones” was flat out BAD on the weekend, but we mean that in the best way possible. The IPW: UK World Champion/GWF Middleweight Champion defended his IPW:UK title vs. Eric Schwarz and retained on 6/21 at GHW. The next day he won a 10 Man Battle Royal and then defeated CorVus the very same day. We’ve been seeing a lot of Klinger lately and we expect that to continue throughout the rest of 2014.
- Matt Cross (@MDoggMattCross)-The Smash Wrestling Champion returns to the Top 10 once again! He’s a busy guy, but when he gets the time to wrestle, he EXCELS. Over the weekend he knocked off Chris Hero at C*4 on 6/21, which in itself was big enough, but then he defeated Josh Alexander (who had just beaten Michael Elgin on 6/20) on 6/22 and cemented his place in the Top 10 once again. “M Dogg” has been on fire in 2014 after barely getting mentioned in the Top 10 in 2013. Hell of an athlete and one hell of a wrestler as 2014 has shown us.
- Joey Ryan (@JoeyRyanOnline)-Sleaze made its return to the Top 10 for the 2nd straight week in the form of the CWF Hollywood TV Champion as he stayed steady, picking up a tag team win with Candice LeRae vs. The Perfect Kings on 6/20 at FSP and then defeated Maxwell Chicago on 6/22 at FIP. While he did slip a bit from last week due to perceived lack of strong competition, he’s still hanging around and with his schedule, the possibility of moving up once again is a very real one.
- Josef Von Schmidt (@JosefVonSchmidt)-Much like Joey Ryan before him, JVS slipped a bit this week due to the same reasoning, BUT with that being said, he’s still winning as he defeated Braydon Shocker at LCW via submission, and essentially that is the highest determining factor as to how someone gets into the Top 10. On top of that, he still holds (at least) 4 titles. With 4 straight wins and a collection of gold, it’s only a matter of time before JVS starts moving up again. #3 in the online poll with 52 votes.
- Matt Cage (@proudcaucasian)-Very few wrestlers have been as consistently ranked in 2014 as “Money” Matt Cage, but that’s just something he’s getting used to. On 6/20 he retained his AAW Heritage Title vs. Heidi Lovelace in a much heralded contest and then on 6/21 he defeated Mallaki Matthews at SCW. If he can maintain the current pace and schedule he’s on right now, he’ll be back into contention for the #1 spot in the very near future.
- Chase Owens (@nwachaseowens)-Chase Owens is another competitor that has been VERY consistent throughout the year. When he gets thrown in tag team matches, his success rate drops, but in singles, he dominates. This time he gets in on the strength of his NWA Junior Heavyweight Title defense vs. Adam Page, Cedric Alexander, and Trevor Lee at NWA Smoky Mountain on 6/21. His strength of competition in that match could rival anyone’s on the weekend and while some of the others in the Top 10 had 2, 3, and even 4 wins, it was Chase’s BIG win that got him his ranking this week. #4 in the online poll with 46 votes.
People’s Champion. “The Future” Eddy Young- The SWE Heavyweight Champion had come as close as anyone to winning the online voting competition in recent weeks, but this week, he came from behind and crushed the competition with a lopsided 313 votes on the strength of his title defense vs. Jimmy Fletcher.
Just missing out/Others Receiving Votes:
Their Website (where YOU can participate in the weekly online poll voting): http://indypowerrankingsipr.wordpress.com/
Their Facebook page: www.Facebook.com/IndyPowerRankings
Their Twitter: @IndyPowerRankin