- Michael Elgin (@ROHMichaelElgin)-It was a long time coming as he was steadily climbing his way up, but with this #1 ranking, Michael Elgin has now overtaken Ricochet for the current #1 spot in the 2014 IPR 100. If he can hang on for a few months, he’ll be #1 for the 2nd straight year. In the meantime, give credit to him for 2 big victories over the weekend as he retained his ROH World Title vs. Silas Young on 8/22 and Tommaso Ciampa on 8/23. You can call him “Unbreakable” or call him “Canadian Crazy Horse”, but at the end of the day, you better call him champion…and also #1. This is his 5th #1 ranking in 2014 and his 2nd straight week at #1. #8 in the online poll.
- AJ Styles (@AJStylesOrg)-It’s a “phenomenal” return to the Top 10 for the IWGP Heavyweight Champion. Over the weekend at ROH, he came back to claim a very high spot in the Top 10 after being absent for several weeks. This time he gave the official voters no choice but to vote for him as he defeated Kyle O’Reilly on 8/22 and then Cedric Alexander on 8/23. Consider this, AJ defeated the PWG World Champion and ½ of the ROH World Tag Team Champions AND defeated the PWX Heavyweight and WrestleForce Champion the next night. He conquered two of the top champions on each coast in a span of 2 days. Impressive weekend for AJ to say the least. #9 in the online poll.
- Kongo Kong/Osyris (@RealKongoKong)-“The Monsta” kept his undefeated streak alive over the weekend as he beat Mike Rollins on 8/22 at BCW Can-Am Rising, but what ultimately cost him a chance to move up was likely his no contest vs. Rob Ramer at BXW on 8/23. The big man has been unstoppable, but this time he got in his own way by not securing a 2-0 weekend. That being said, he continues to stick around in the Top 10 this week and the question is starting to be posed…who can stop Kongo Kong? No one has stepped up to the plate in months and scored the elusive win over the IWA Mid-South Champion. #4 in the online poll with 41 votes.
- Bill Black/Will White (@BBlackWrestling)-The former “People’s Champ” of the Indy Power Rankings went from being voted #1 by the fans to going 3-0 over the weekend and like AJ Styles, giving the official voters no choice but to include him on their ballots. It was really a fantastic weekend for the dual personality Canadian athlete as he swept a 3 day tour for him. This type of success has American voters hoping to see him in the U.S. at some point to see what he can do again some other top level talent. Definitely a well-deserved ranking after getting snubbed a few times previously.
- Uhaa Nation (@UhaaNation)-“The One Man Nation” returns to the Top 10 this week! It was a very good week for Uhaa as he went 3-0 at Dragon Gate, winning several tag team matches in various formats. His ranking most definitely could have been higher if he could have mixed in a singles win here or there, but such is the case when you compete at Dragon Gate. There’s no doubt that one of the most talented wrestlers in the entire world deserved his ranking this week, but was it too low…or too high? That’s definitely debatable.
- JT Dunn (@TheJuiceee)-1/2 of Juicy Product and multiple Tag Team Champion (NYWC, WSU, CZW, and FIP) scored another tag team victory on 8/22 as he and Starr defeated Milk Chocolate to retain the NYWC Tag Team Titles. He followed that up with some singles glory as he defeated Dave Crist and John Silver on 8/23 at CZW. It’s been a fantastic 2014 for Dunn as he has forced everyone to “believe the hype” and the catchphrase he and Starr have been using…”over as fuck”…has been pretty appropriate, especially over the last few months.
- Mickie Knuckles (@MickieLKnuckles)-One of the craziest chicks in wrestling returns to the Top 10 after a brief absence. If you don’t truly believe she’s nuts, then we encourage you to go check out www.blogtalkradio.com/weeklywrestlingpodcast where we did an episode of the IPR Live in which she discussed a lot of great topics while at the same time was one of the most entertaining guests we’ve ever had. That being said, that same nuttiness has worked to her advantage as she has dominated many of the women she has come against and this week was no different as she defeated a woman in her own mold in Crazy Mary Dobson at Resistance Pro to retain the Women’s Title. Add that title defense to the win at CCW on 8/23 and you see why Mickie gets the nod once again this week.
- Brad Attitude (@BradAttitude)-The former WWE-contracted athlete gets his first ranking in the Top 10 this week after defeating Marcellus King on 8/23 and then followed that up, defeating Corey Edsel later in the night to win the CWF Mid-Atlantic Johnny Weaver Memorial Cup 2014. Such a victory is definitely something that deserves a lot of praise and like a few others, the fans didn’t show up like he probably deserved, but the official voters took notice and gave him credit for his tournament win. Time will tell if he can move up the Top 10 in the future as this tournament win may open up some more doors in the upcoming months for him.
- Yamamoto (@YoshiTatsulsm)-The former WWE superstar got himself ranked for the second straight week after a big win on 8/19 vs. Chico Adams at BELIEVE 81. The Florida Heavyweight Champion did fall one spot, likely due to a little less activity than some others last week, but he most definitely stays relevant with this ranking. BELIEVE returns on August 31st, giving Yamamoto another opportunity to either climb the rankings or at least stay where he’s at. Unfortunately, what may have hurt his chances at a higher ranking this week were a lack of fan votes in the online poll.
- Richie Slade (@RichieSlade)-Despite a major lack of support in the online voting competition, Slade has proven himself time and time again over the last few months. On 8/22 the EWF American Champion (and AOW Heavyweight Champion) secured yet another win vs. Young Money Chong to retain the title. That match ran his current win streak (according to our friends at cagematch.net) to 13 straight matches. That’s a pretty amazing streak for a double titleholder and this week he gets recognized for that accomplishment. If he can continue the streak, there’s no doubt he can start climbing up the Top 10.
People’s Champ. Aiden Rayne (@aidenrayne87)–What a week for the NEW Fringe Hammer City Champion after winning the online voting competition with an IMPRESSIVE 348 votes. It was a battle for most of the day, but he pulled away at the end, securing the victory with almost 200 more votes than Barrett Brown, who was very respectable at #2 with 152 votes.
Others missing out/receiving votes:
Mark Maverick-#3 in the online poll with 72 votes
Holly Madison-Tied for #5 in the online poll
Brute VanSlyke-Tied for #5 in the online poll
MASADA-#10 in the online poll
Ashley Sixx-#7 in the online poll
Please donate to this very worthy charity: http://afsp.donordrive.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=591023
Also search “Indy Power Rankings” for our open Facebook group where anyone on the indies can promote their various merchandise, fan pages, and upcoming events
Their Twitter: @IndyPowerRankin
Their Instagram: @IndyPowerRankings
You can listen to the IPR Live here (this week’s guests are Jack Thriller & Gary Jay): http://www.blogtalkradio.com/weeklywrestlingpodcast/2014/08/27/indypowerrankingslive-w-jack-thriller-gary-jay
Check out their 3rd show on Filling the Void with special guest, Lee Byford: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/fillingthevoidrn/2014/08/26/indy-power-rankings-weekly-reveal
As always go and support us on Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/BritishWrestlingRevival and Twitter : @BritWresRevival!