1. First of all, please introduce yourself to the readers of TheBritishWrestlingRevival??
My name is David Finlay, my dad is Dave “Fit” Finlay, and I’m a 4th generation wrestler.
2. Of course many know your father Fit Finlay, do you think there is pressure on you to succeed due to your father and do you feel blessed to have his wealth of experience at your disposal??
I would answer yes to both of those questions. The boots that I have to fill are enormous, but I have no doubt I can fill them. My dad has taught me so much and every time I step into the ring to train with him I walk out amazed.
3. You made your debut at EWP Christmas in 2012 in a tag team match teaming with Dad against Danny Boy Collins and Robbie Brookside, was it good to have the experience to team with your Dad in your first match and get the chance to do it before he went back over to the states??
I’m happy to have been able to tag with my dad as well as face Robby and Danny. I have the world of respect for all three of them. My dad is my hero and I grew up knowing Danny and Robby quite well.
4. You have been wrestling for All Star Wrestling over the past 4 months, how has this experience been for you and what are your thoughts on the UK and the wrestlers we currently have over here??
I love wrestling in the UK, the opportunities I’ve had to better my wrestling are endless. I’ve got to work with some solid wrestlers and being on the road almost every day really is a lot of fun.
5. Following on from this, what has been your favorite match while wrestling for All Star??
Any time I step in the ring against Danny Collins, he takes me to a new level that I didn’t even know I was capable of. He forces me to bring everything I have and no matter the outcome, I know I walk out a better wrestler.
6. You wrestled at SuperClash 2 teaming with Jushin Liger and Danny Collins to face The Knight Dynasty, what are your thoughts on having the opportunity to work Liger in a tag team match??
It was quite an opportunity for me, plus Liger San is another person I used to be around lots when I was a small kid, so that was quite fun.
7. You are the current POW Junior Champion winning it in a 3 way when it was Vacant, how did it feel to win it and have you got any words for any wrestlers who want to challenge you??
Well I was quite honored to be POW’s first junior champion. I was quite happy winning but it’s also just a stepping stone to becoming the best. And I’ll defend it anytime, anywhere, but there’s not many people who have called out a Finlay and came out on top.
8. What are your future ambitions and where do you see yourself in 5 years time??
Going off of what I just said, I want to be the best. That’s my ultimate goal. I’m currently talking with New Japan and that’s where I want to be so in 5 years time, I want to be the top guy there.
9. Where can the readers find you on Social Media and where can promoters book you??
Follow me on Twitter @THEdavidfinlay and promoters can tweet me or find me on facebook.
10. Any dates or projects you wish to plug??
I’m wrestling all over the planet so I’ll just plug myself again, follow me to see where I’m at!
Please if you could go and support David on the Social Media links above and give him the support he deserves!
Instagram : @BritWresRevivalBlog