1. First of all, please describe yourself to the readers of TheBritishWrestlingRevival??
I think Brent Banks is a someone who gives you a bit of everything. Whether you love him or hate him, whether its in the air or on the mat, Brent Banks has all the angels covered.
2. How did you get involved in Wrestling training growing up and did this stem from a love of Wrestling growing up??
My cousin (Jae Ruken) and i decided after high school we would both take our fandom for professional wrestling and get some actual wrestling training. It took me about a year and a bit after him to get the guts, push aside the nerves, find a school and start training.
3. Could you describe your training experience (who you were trained by and your thoughts on this etc.)
I trained at The Squared Circle Gym in Toronto, Canada. The training there was great. I had no idea what i was getting myself into and I was nervous as one could be my first day but Rob Fuego and Kobra Kai who were the main trainers really made me feel welcome right from the start aaand then got REAL REAL tough! Every variation of Squats, Pushups, Burpees, rolls, bumps etc. You really got tested and found out who really wanted to be there and who didn’t….. Quickly!
4. You are in an ongoing feud in SMASH with Scotty O’Shea with an ambulance match scheduled for this weekend, what is the history of this feud and have you got any words for O’Shea ahead of this match??
Basically Scotty O’Shea has been given alot of the opportunities in SMASH Wrestling that i should be getting. I needed to show SMASH that i was way better than O’Shea and i deserve everything they’ve given him and more….MUCH more.
5. You are the current UNION and A1 Alpha Male champion, how did it feel to win this title and do you have any words for any potential opponents who want to challenge you??
It felt great. I never thought I’d have any of those titles to be honest but im glad i finally do. Patients and hard work goes a long way i guess. All future opponents better bring their A game, that’s for sure.
6. You have been making your way over to America for the likes of AAW and AIW, what other promotions would you like to work for in 2015 and beyond??
Hopefully ill be able to get back to AIW and AAW very soon but i definitely want to work for places like ROH, PWG or even Evolve/DGUSA. I have a lot of work to do before i that but im gonna keep trying. 100%
7. Speaking of making your way over, would you want to come over to the UK and/or any other countries in Europe in the future and are there any people in particular that you want to work with if you were given the chance to come over??
I would love to wrestle in the UK. I’ve seen a couple of shows and the crowds look and sound amazing. Hopefully in 2015 ill be able to get an opportunity to wrestle in the UK and experience it first hand. As far as who id like to work… I would have to say someone like a Zack Sabre, Noam Dar or someone like Mark Andrews. I really like their work and I think our styles would mesh well together in the ring.
8. What are your future ambitions/goals and where do you see yourself in 5 years time in Wrestling??
My goal is to just make sure that everyone in North America, UK, Asia and the in entire world knows who Brent Banks is and after seeing him you always feel like you got your moneys worth. I’d definitely like to wrestle for the WWE and just work all over the world one day like most of us….. that’s definitely where id like to see myself in 5 years from now. Dreams. Haha.
9. Where can the readers/promoters find on social media/book Brent Banks??
You can find me at @_banks on Twitter and Brent Banks on Facebook.
10. Have you got any future dates or other projects you wish to plug??
This Friday ill be @C4Wrestling in Ottawa, Canada and @SMASHWrestling on Sunday. You can also see me @A1Wrestling , @SquaredCircleL , @FightBrand Wrestling and hopefully a UK show near you in the future.
Thanks to Brent for taking part in this interview please go and support him on social media and there will be more like this coming up only way to find out when they are out is by going to
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/BritishWrestlingRevival
Twitter : @BritWresRevival
Instagram : @BritWresRevivalBlog
Shop : http://www.thebritishwrestlingrevival.spreadshirt.co.uk
And as always go and support our affiliates by using the dropdown!!