1. First of all, please describe yourself to the readers of TheBritishWrestlingRevival??
Hello, I am Dragón Shynron, or just Shynron, for short. Shynron is a play onwords of a loose translation of “Dragon Diety” or “Dragon Spirit” in Japanese. Dragonball Z was a hug influence for me as a kid, and the in the anime, the “Eternal Dragon” Shenron has the power to grant wishes to those who are worthy. I feel that as humans and can can create anything we wish, as long as we are worthy enough to earn it. My goal is to be the most mesmerizing, awe inspiring high flyer that you’ve ever seen. The Dragon represents the character traits it will take for me to achieve that goal.
2. How did you get involved in Wrestling training growing up and did this stem from a love of Wrestling growing up??
I watched with my brother, fighting all over the couches as you could imagine. I remember that Sting was my favorite at the time. I would get my face painted like him at the fair all the time. Years later I had stopped watching and pretty much forgot about wrestling… until I saw Rey Mysterio storm to the ring with Batista on Friday Night Smackdown, while waiting in a pizza parlor. Rey Mysterio blew my mind, and after some time, I decided that I could do that too. I found a job at 17 to pay for training, and went to the WWA4.
3. Could you describe your training experience (who you were trained by and your thoughts on this etc.)??
I started training at 18, alongside Uhaa Nation, Eli Evans and Black Baron. We all started around the same time, with 4 months or so. AR Fox was the first person to show me anything in the ring, and I like how he generally didn’t give a fuck about thinking inside the box when it came to wrestling. Jonathan Gresham was also around a lot and taught me many things, outside the main training from “Total Protection” Mr. Hughes. I did many seminars with various trainers over the years, including Micheal Elgin, Mike Quackenbush, AJ Styles, whatever I could get my hands on. What really exploded my career though, is my commitment to mental training and sharpening my artistic abilities. We are in ring artists, after all.
4. You are the CLL International All Star champion, how did it feel to win this and have you got a message for the CLL roster who may want to challenge you in 2015??
Its really crazy the things that you can attract into your life with enough persistence and belief. I set a goal in the middle of 2013 to become and international star, and not even two months into the next year I am holding the Chile Lucha Libre All Stars World Title. The world works in mysterious ways, and they opportunity came my way in the form of two matches with my former mentor AR Fox, who was the first ever champion. His arrogance bit him and I won. We will settle things for good as we go into our history making Ladder Match on January 31st at Beyond Wrestling in Providence, RI.
I love my CLL Brothers and sisters, we are truly and international Chilean family.They truly bring a unique flair to Lucha Libre. I have been in the ring with three of their best: Maffia, Delacroix, and Condor Kidd. Next time I visit, I want a match with Bunny, one on one. He’s without a doubt the most dominate force in CLL down there. He’s twice my size but can hit a phoenix 450 Splash that’s out of this world!
5. You have been part of the relaunch of Chikara this year, what are your thoughts on being part of it now it’s relaunched and working with men of a similar style to yourself??
I’ve really enjoyed working with Chikara. I’ve learned a lot about their style and what they do, and I think it is a great fit for the insanity I bring to the ring myself. I’ve had some great matches with some great luchadors, and was able to capture the Rey De Voladores “King of the Flyer” Title this past year.
6. You have been part of 4 matches with AR Fox someone who helped train you, is it good to face someone who you got trained by as you have similar movesets??
I think training alongside fox helps and hurts. I think I’m more prepared to wrestle Fox than most, because I know that he can and will do literally anything at anytime. It’s like going into a hyena fight with Fox. The better hyena WILL win, but he’ll probably be broken, haha. The downside is, I’m also less unpredictable to him, who has watched me develop since day one.
7. If given the chance in 2015, would you come over to the UK and who would you want to face if brought over?? I’d love wrestle in the UK! I’d definitely want to face Mark Andrews. That guy is a jolly good time and can get it done in the ring. I’d also tear it up with Uhaa Nation and Jonathan Gresham, and bring a little WWA4 majic to the UK!
8. What are your future ambitions/goals and where do you see yourself in 5 years time in Wrestling?? 5 years is a LONG time man! I’ve accomplished more personal victories in just this past year, and I am already very thankful. Right now the plan is to continue traveling to new countries and representing CLL across the world, proving why I will be the best High Flyer on the planet.
9. Where can the readers/promoters find on social media/book Dragon Shynron?? My website is Shynron.com, Instagram: DragonShynron, Facebook: Dragon Shynron, Twitter: Dragon_Shynron , Youtube.com/DragonShynron.
10. Have you got any future dates or other projects you wish to plug??
I’m launching an online blog soon, my goal is to help people improve how they approach life. I also want to get more active on youtube. You can follow the progress on my website.
Go and purchase raw footage from his latest battle with AR Fox at Beyond Wrestling from here : http://lookmanofans.com/store/raw-footage/
Read the articles posted on his website : http://shynron.com/shynronvsfoxladdermatch/ and http://shynron.com/what/
Please go and support Shynron on the links above if you could as in my eyes he is someone who will probably be big this year and with your help he can reach promotions near you if he isn’t there already!
Thanks to Shynron for taking part in this interview and taking time out of his schedule to complete these, as a thank you please go and support him on social media and there will be more like this coming up only way to find out when they are out is by going to :
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/BritishWrestlingRevival
Twitter : @BritWresRevival
Instagram : @BritWresRevivalBlog
Shop : http://www.thebritishwrestlingrevival.spreadshirt.co.uk
And as always go and support our affiliates by using the dropdown!!