1. First of all, please describe yourself to the readers of TheBritishWrestlingRevival??
I’m a technically sound powerhouse, I like to prove to people that I can match up to anyone technically but when it’s needed, I can throw someone around. I’m no stranger to hardcore matches and I’m constantly looking to do more of those.
2. How did you get involved in Wrestling training growing up and did this stem from a love of Wrestling growing up??
As we know every wrestler is a fan, I too am too an extent, I originally worked at the same venue as “The Heavyweight House Of Pain” Stixx, however I was unaware that he was a wrestler, until we got talking and it came to my attention that he ran wrestling training sessions at the same venue, I was hooked and started early 2007.
3. Could you describe your training experience (who you were trained by and your thoughts on this etc.)
My trainers are Stixx, Paul Malen and Joseph Connors, all three I consider to be some of the best talents the UK has to offer, I still attend training when I can its just hard for me with work being so busy. In my opinion Nottingham is blessed to have 3 great trainers and the great thing is, is that you pick up something new each time your there.
4. You were in Germany a lot last year including doing a few seminars, what are your thoughts on the Germany compared to England in terms of Wrestling and how is it to teach some of the stars of the future and look at them in a few years hopefully and say I had a hand in training them??
Germany has been great over the past few years, that’s my niche I’m the only wrestler in the UK with regular bookings abroad from what I know of and in proud of that fact. German wrestling is that it’s wrestling, I am guy who likes to tell a story to the fans when wrestling, in Germany it’s mainly moves and spots. No real storytelling but that’s what the fans like so it works great over there. As for seminars I took one in NGW (Frankfurt) and a friend of mine David did the 4 hour session he has a disability with his legs and never complained or drop out once he was a inspiration to me and others .
5.You are the current Number 1 contender to Barricade’s title in United Wrestling, have you got any words for Barricade ahead of a potential match up in the future??
As for barricade me and him go way back, fact is he single handily cost me my Celtic title, fact now is I’m gunna cost him his heavyweight title weather I take it or I help someone else. Either way mark my words I’ll do whatever it takes to dethrone barricade.
6. You are part of HOP:E FUTR, what are your thoughts on FUT:R as a promotion for developing young wrestlers and is one of your goals to work in promotions like this more in 2015??
I’m not only part of HOP:E FUTR but I’m part of the main HOP:E show too, for me I believe FUTR is a great stepping stone for up and coming wrestlers so it’s ticking all the right boxes, for me guys need these shows to get noticed and wrestler better talents. For 2015 no I’m more than happy to be at HOP:E. Harvey Dale has a plan and to be apart of that plan is great for me. So I see no need to go elsewhere.
7. If given the chance in 2015, who do you want to face on the UK scene that you haven’t already faced and which promotions do you want to work for if given the chance??
Honestly speaking, Bubblegum, Grado, Will Ospreay just to name a few, i always want to wrestle the best talent in the UK and push myself to see how good I can be ! Promotion wise I would like to do ICW so if mark Dallas is reading apart from that PCW is the show that id like to do but is that realistic. Never say never.
8. What are your future ambitions/goals and where do you see yourself in 5 years time in Wrestling??
My FUTR goals are to work at least one WXW show this year, and hopefully get a chance to wrestle for ICW, I wanna be up against the best this country has to offer and be taken seriously as a main roster guy not just another wrestler. In 5 years time Hahaha if I’m still in the same condition or better as I am now then I’ll be hopefully still be completing at the top level.
9. Where can the readers/promoters find on social media/book Burchill??
Twitter @prosportsed Facebook – The working man Burchill
10. Have you got any future dates or other projects you wish to plug??
plugging wise, I have a trail at WXW (Germany)next weekend so fingers crossed for that, United Wrestling (Stoke) Friday 30th Jan Quintessential Union vs Barricade & Squirt then Feb Friday 6th HOP:E (Mansfield) featuring TOO COOL and Rockstar Spud.
Thanks to Chris for taking part in this interview and taking time out of his schedule to complete these, as a thank you please go and support him on social media and there will be more like this coming up only way to find out when they are out is by going to :
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/BritishWrestlingRevival
Twitter : @BritWresRevival
Instagram : @BritWresRevivalBlog
Shop : http://www.thebritishwrestlingrevival.spreadshirt.co.uk
And as always go and support our affiliates by using the dropdown!