Photo Credit : Brett Hadley
1. First of all, please describe yourself to the readers of TheBritishWrestlingRevival??
One word I would use to describe myself is ambitious, that applies to my life in and out of the ring. I’m always goal setting especially with my wrestling career.
2. How did you get involved in Wrestling training growing up and did this stem from a love of Wrestling growing up??
I’ve loved wrestling since I was about 9 years old, and by the time I was 15 everyone at my school knew it and told me about wrestling training at my local leisure centre, I was in the ring the next day.
3. Could you describe your training experience (who you were trained by and your thoughts on this etc.)
I actually stopped training at about 16 and started up again at 19, when I started driving. The first person to really work with me was a guy named Jem Brown who has always been somewhat of a mentor to me. Since then I’ve been fortunate enough to attend a lot of training seminars. I just spent 3 months at the Storm Academy in Canada, Lance is awesome and I definitely benefited from attending, it really polished me, but in wrestling you never stop learning.
4. You are part of the LCW Rumble 2015 next weekend, what should the fans going expect and have you got a message for the other competitors in the rumble??
They should expect a lot of eliminations thanks to me! Seriously its great to be a part of LCW this weekend and I plan on making an impression.
5. You are currently feuding with LJ Heron in DOA Wrestling, one of my affiliates, have you got a message for LJ and will there be a confrontation between you and LJ at SuffolkSlam??
I am indeed, LJ is very crafty and has caught me off guard a few times, it wont happen again, there will be a confrontation between the two of us and it will be brutal, I don’t know when or where, but it will happen.
6. What are your thoughts on the current state of British Wrestling??
It’s very exciting, it’s in a very good place, so many top guys and so many top promotions now and it just keeps growing. It’s awesome to be a part of it.
7. Which promotions would you like to work for in the future and who in particular would you like to wrestle that you haven’t already??
Wherever the money is! No seriously, there is a lot of great promotions out there, I plan to keep making my way up the ladder at NGW, the main event is addictive! Progress, PCW, Southside are all on my list of goals, I got to check out a Full House show and that was great. There’s a few guys I’d really like to work with, Nathan Cruz is one, Joseph Conners is another. They’re both held in such high regard it would be great.
8. What are your future ambitions/goals and where do you see yourself in 5 years time in Wrestling??
Everywhere! My goal is to become one of the top guys in the country and very in demand. Don’t mistake my confidence for arrogance. It’s very important to me that my work is held in high regard by my peers. Guys like El Ligero are the measuring stick in my opinion, I’d like to be thought of in a similar way by that point.
9. Where can the readers/promoters find on social media/book Cy Gregory??
@CyGregs on Twitter, I’m also on Facebook but I have two, one for my personal life and one for my wrestling, look for the profile pic of me wearing spandex trunks and add that one!
10. Have you got any future dates or other projects you wish to plug??
Nothing in particular, just watch this space!
Thanks to Cy for taking part in this interview and taking time out of his schedule to complete these, as a thank you please go and support him on social media and there will be more like this coming up only way to find out when they are out is by going to :
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/BritishWrestlingRevival
Twitter : @BritWresRevival
Instagram : @BritWresRevivalBlog
Shop : http://www.thebritishwrestlingrevival.spreadshirt.co.uk
And as always go and support our affiliates by using the dropdown!