Photo Credit : Y2Grae Photography, used with permission
1. First of all, please introduce yourself to the readers of TheBritishWrestlingRevival and give them a quick summary of yourself??
I’m Barricade, I’m 6’5 and 290lbs. Current United Wrestling Heavyweight Champion and former HOP Champion and LCW Tag Team Champion.
2. Did you watch Wrestling growing up and if so, who inspired you to be the wrestler you are today??
I watched as much as I could, the first show I remember is WWF Prime Time when SKY first started showing it. First PPV I remember was Wrestlemania 8 which I watched at a friends house. I remember being very much afraid of the Undertaker and just amazed by how big all the Wrestlers were. I think like most kids of the 80s I liked Hulk Hogan and The Ultimate Warrior.
3. How did you get involved with Wrestling training at House of Pain and would you say it was one of the best experiences you have had in Wrestling??
I actually got involved through a friend who found an advertisement on facebook for the HOP school and he asked if I fancied going along with him. A couple of weeks later we went down and met Stixx. About 18 months after that we made our debuts as a tag team against another of our friends who had started training just after us. I think for anyone wanting to start in Wrestling its very important to have a good teacher and Stixx is right up there with the best, if not the best in the country. Starting Wrestling has had a hugely beneficial effect on my life and I’ve gotten to do things I never thought possible.
4. What are your thoughts looking back on it now of the training you received from ‘The Heavyweight House of Pain’ Stixx and did any one else have a hand in your training??
As I say I believe Stixx to be one of if not the best trainer in the country, for me personally as a big guy its been great to be trained by one of the top heavyweights there is. As far as other people having a hand in my training, at the HOP school there are always alot of very talented guys to call on for assistance and guidance, people like Joseph Conners, Paul Malen and Max Angelus.
5. In LCW, you are part of the new regime with Max Angelus, Felony and HC Dyer, what have you got in store for the LCW fans over the next few months and what are your thoughts on behalf of the group about Joseph Conners winning the Rumble??
I would say that the fans will see in due course what is in store at LCW, the fact Joesph Conners won the Rumble was of great annoyance to us all, especially Max but I have a feeling this story is FAR from over.
6. You defended your United Wrestling title against Tommy Taylor last Friday, what are your thoughts on United as as a promotion and also of Tommy Taylor as a talent??
I think United is a Promotion on the up, they have a lot of young hungry guys there and they are going to prove this year just what they are capable of. Tommy is a great lad with an amazing attitude and a huge amount of ability, having seen him come up through HOP and now to be spreading his wings and doing shows further afield I believe this year a lot more people are going to be hearing of him.
7 . What are your thoughts on the current state of British Wrestling??
Right now I believe that British Wrestling is the strongest its been for a very long time, the crowd sizes and sheer noise at the majority of the shows is testament to that.
8. What are your future ambitions/goals in Wrestling??
I just want to see how far I can take things, when I first started out training I just wanted to have 1 match and be involved in a Rumble (my favourite match/PPV). There are a few Promotions I would like to work for but for now i’ll keep those to myself.
9. Where can the readers find you on Social Media??
I have a profile page on facebook and also a twitter account @BarricadeHOP
10. Have you got any future dates you wish to plug??
HOPE Wrestling – Friday 6th Feb in Forest Town Mansfield, Myself and LJ Heron take on the Hooligans and HOP has a weekend of shows running from friday to sunday
Thanks to Barricade for taking part in this quick interview and taking time out of his schedule to complete these, as a thank you please go and support him on social media and there will be more like this coming up only way to find out when they are out is by going to :
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/BritishWrestlingRevival
Twitter : @BritWresRevival
Instagram : @BritWresRevivalBlog
Shop : http://www.thebritishwrestlingrevival.spreadshirt.co.uk
And as always go and support our affiliates by using the dropdown!