Photo Credit : Tony Knox
1. First of all, please describe yourself to the readers of TheBritishWrestlingRevival??
I am the Psychotic Warrior Johnny Phere. I have been a professional wrestler since 2001 and I live my life following my PAID Principles – Passion, Ambition, Intensity, Dedication.
2. How did you get involved in Wrestling training growing up and did this stem from a love of Wrestling growing up??
I have been a fan of wrestling since the age of six. It wasn’t until age 15 that I decided to actually BE a wrestler. I was trained in Stoke on Trent in an old school environment on just hard mats.
3. Continuing on with the training topic, who trained you and if you could have be trained by anyone now on the current UK scene who would it be??
I was trained by Chris Curtis and later learned more from the Knight family.
If I could be trained by anyone from today then it would be myself. I’d just jump in a time machine and teach my past self what I know now
4. You Returned recently at P.A.I.D, what made you leave in the first place and what have you been up to since leaving the first time??
I left wrestling in June as I wanted to use other talents that I haven’t had chance to make use of. We only live once so thought I would take a break. I also got heavily involved with sprinting which got me into the best shape of my life.
5. Speaking on P.A.I.D, do you have any allegiances and have you got any words for any of the roster members??
I have no all allegiances. I am a lone wolf and function better this way!!
As far as roster members go, there are a lot of new guys in the company now. They will soon find out who I am and what my motives are!
6. You have wrestled predominately up north (UK) during your career, do you want to make a more of a Mark down South and if so is there anyone down here that you would like to face that you don’t have the opportunity to up North??
I wrestled down south very often back in the mid 2000s but I’m very selective for who I wrestle for and right now I’m happy to focus on the one promotion as I have other priorities in my life.
7. What are your thoughts on the current state of British Wrestling??
British wrestling is in a thriving stage at the moment but I fear the old school discipline and mentality is becoming lost! The art of pro wrestling relies mainly on psychology not physicality. A real pro wrestler should tick three main boxes, 1, be able to wrestle safely and believably. 2, look like a wrestler. 3, Be able to cut promos live and on camera as well as connect with the audience.
Not enough wrestlers tick all three.
8. What are your future ambitions/goals and where do you see yourself in 5 years time in Wrestling??
Right now I am taking each day as it comes. If opportunities arise then I will take them but like I mentioned earlier I have other priorities now. But regardless what happens I will always give my all inside and outside the ring.
9. Where can the readers/promoters find on social media/book Johnny Phere??
My page is on Facebook – Johnny Phere
10. Have you got any future dates or other projects you wish to plug??
I can be seen next on April 18th at PAID Promotions in Morecambe where I intend to make another statement, verbal and physical. I promise someone will Face their Phere!!
Thanks to Johnny for taking part in this interview and taking time out of his schedule to complete these, as a thank you please go and support him on social media and there will be more like this coming up only way to find out when they are out is by going to :
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/BritishWrestlingRevival
Twitter : @BritWresRevival
Instagram : @BritWresRevivalBlog
Shop : http://www.thebritishwrestlingrevival.spreadshirt.co.uk
And as always go and support our affiliates by using the dropdown!