1. First of all, please give the readers of TheBritishWrestlingRevival an introduction to Drew Parker??
Haha, sweet. Ok so I’m Drew Parker, I’m just about 17 years old and have been wrestling professionally now for 3 years!
2. Lets talk about growing up for you, did you watch wrestling and if so who inspired you to be a wrestler??
I started watching WWE in late 2007 and the first wrestler I remember seeing was Jeff Hardy. He evoked such insane reactions from the crowd and it was hard not to watch him! He wasn’t in the best shape on the roster which made him so much more relatable and that along with the crazy moves he did made him my favourite wrestler for my first few years of being a fan.
3. How did you start training to become a wrestler and who were you trained by??
I started training when I saw a flyer for a local training school stuck on a Fish and Chips notice board haha. It was for a promotion named Basix Pro Wrestling who run shows all around the North Wales area. The head trainer was Mike Roberts and I stayed there until late 2013.
4. Speaking of training if there is anyone you could of been trained by or even have a seminar with now who would it be and why (can be past or present wrestlers)??
I’d love to go to a Brian Kendrick seminar! He’s always been one of my favourite wrestlers and I’m certain he has so many unique and diverse views on all aspects of wrestling which would just be great to hear.
5. You are part of the Yolo Squad with Ethan Silver, how did this team come about and what are your ambitions with Ethan as a team??
Me and Ethan started teaming when we were 14 years old just as a one off because we were great friends in training. Then one match led to another and all of a sudden we were teaming all of the time. We have many things we’d love to do as a team, but we definitely want to get our hands on as many tag titles as possible! At the time of me writing this we’re the Dragon Pro tag team champions and former BWP Rookie tag team champions.
6. You are part of the ATTACK Pro Wrestling contingent, in your thoughts how is it to be part of the great but wacky shows they put on??
Haha, I’m fairly new to the ATTACK! Pro roster but every show is a blast! It’s impossible to have a dull moment backstage on an ATTACK! show. These guys put on the most entertaining shows you will find anywhere in the UK and they always contain top talent. Expect very big things in the upcoming years.
7. You are facing Chris Ridgeway at SWA Inception 4, first of all what are your thoughts on the current rise of SWA as a promotion and also have you got any words for Chris ahead of the match??
SWA put on some of the best wrestling shows in the UK and they really deserve more attention. They were one of the first promotions to put faith in me as a performer and I will never forget that. Also when it comes to Chris, he’s a sore loser and I’m going to stomp him A LOT!
8. What are your future ambitions/goals in Wrestling and where do you see yourself in 5 years time??
In the next 5 years I plan on just improving my game as much as I can and wrestling for as many different promotions as possible. I’d love to wrestle abroad, that’s a thing. However long term, my main goal is to gain a crud ton of weight and wrestle in Japan haha. I’ve always been a fan of the style as well as the fans. It would be a dream come true to wrestle over there.
9. Where can the readers find yourself and where can promoters book you??
You can find me on Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat @ Footstompz, and promoters can email me on this address firstname.lastname@example.org or drop me a line over Facebook!
10. Have you got any projects or future dates you wish to plug??
Sunday April 26th, Just Do Wrestling hold their 2nd official show and it’s set to be even bigger than the first! Fantastic up and coming promotion that everyone should keep their eyes on. Me and Ethan take on Chris Brookes and Damian Dunne that night!
Thanks to Drew for taking part in this interview and taking time out of his schedule to complete these, as a thank you please go and support him on social media and there will be more like this coming up only way to find out when they are out is by going to :
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/BritishWrestlingRevival
Twitter : @BritWresRevival
Instagram : @BritWresRevivalBlog
Shop : http://www.thebritishwrestlingrevival.spreadshirt.co.uk
And as always go and support our affiliates by using the dropdown!