1. First of all, please describe yourself to the readers of TheBritishWrestlingRevival??
My name is Dan Barry, I have been a wrestler for 15 years, and I helped train Zack Ryder, Curt Hawkins and Trent?
2. How did you get involved in Wrestling training growing up and did this stem from a love of Wrestling growing up??
I’ve always been a huge fan of wrestling. I grew up enamored with the sport. When I was 17 years old, I signed up at a wrestling school.
3. Could you describe your training experience (who you were trained by and your thoughts on this etc.)??
I was trained at the NYWC Academy by Mikey Whipwreck, John Curse, and Mike Mayhem. It was brutal. Drills and bumps and drills and bumps but in the end it was worth it because it was a step to a goal. I couldn’t have been happier with my trainers and the wealth of knowledge I received from each person.
4. You are one half of the team Team Tremendous, could you give the readers a quick summary of what the teams about, how did you form and do you prefer teaming with Bill or doing singles??
Team Tremendous is essentially 2 buddy cops (in the same vein as Don Quixote) who are undercover in the world of professional wrestling. When Bill was released from the WWE, he was looking to do something new, and after A LOT of convincing, we became the team we are today. I honestly prefer tag wrestling. The psychology and the drama of the matches have always been so interesting.
5. You are competing in DDT4 this year for PWG, is it good to be debuting in PWG and especially in a prestigious tournament such as the DDT4 and finally how do you assess your chances??
PWG has been a goal of mine for quite some time. I love their product and their talent pool is second to none. It is nothing short of an honor to be asked to compete in DDT4 and we look forward to killing it. Our chances? No one expects us to win. We just want to show everyone what we can do.
6. Recently you wrestled for EVOLVE and House of Hardcore, is it good to be getting your name out there for two promotions that are quite big on the Indy Scene right now and what other promotions do you have your eye on this year??
We are happy when anyone calls us. House of Hardcore was an environment that I wish I could be in every day. The shows are great, the locker room is great, the crowd is fantastic. I am so grateful to be a part of Tommy Dreamer’s product. Evolve is awesome because it is known for having the best matches. And having Gabe Sapolsky ask us to be a part of a show was awesome. The fact that both men sat under the Paul Heyman learning tree, and then used that knowledge when booking Bill and I is a cool thing as well.
7. If given the chance in 2015, would you come over to the UK and who would you want to face if brought over??
We would love to come over to the UK. I wanna see Bill vs Mastiff personally. So any way we could make that happen would be great.
8. What are your future ambitions/goals and where do you see yourself in 5 years time in Wrestling??
I take things one day at a time. My goal in wrestling is to have fun and keep enjoying myself.
9. Where can the readers/promoters find on social media/book Dan Barry??
Thedanbarry on Instagram and Twitter. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for booking inquiries.
10. Have you got any future dates or other projects you wish to plug??
Follow me on Twitter for upcoming dates.
Thanks to Dan for taking part in this interview and taking time out of his schedule to complete these, as a thank you please go and support him on social media and there will be more like this coming up only way to find out when they are out is by going to :
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/BritishWrestlingRevival
Twitter : @BritWresRevival
Instagram : @BritWresRevivalBlog
Shop : http://www.thebritishwrestlingrevival.spreadshirt.co.uk
And as always go and support our affiliates by using the dropdown!