1. First of all, please describe yourself to the readers of TheBritishWrestlingRevival??
If I had to describe myself, I’d say I’m a charming lad with great hair. In all seriousness though, I’m a laid back guy, who loves all forms of pro wrestling.
2. How did you get involved in Wrestling training growing up and did this stem from a love of Wrestling growing up??
Growing up I was a huge wrestling fan. Once wrestling came in my life, I pretty much lost interest in sports and school. Wrestling consumed me. I knew it was something that I had to do. I started training at the NYWC Wrestling School in Long Island, NY in 2006. I was lucky enough to be one of Mikey Whipwreck’s laststudents.
3. Could you describe your training experience with Mikey Whipwreck what are your thoughts on your training and if there was anyone else who you could of been trained by who would it be and why??
Training under Mikey was such a great experience. I grew up watching his ECW and WCW stuff, so being able to be trained by him was awesome. Training with Mikey was also very intimidating. I would have mini panic attacks before training. Mikey demanded respect, and made you respect every thing about the wrestling business. If someone was being disrespectful, all of us would pay. I owe everything to MIkey. As far as who i would’ve also liked to train with, I can’t really say. I don’t know if I would be where I am now training with someone else.
4. You are one half of the team Beaver Boys , could you give the readers a quick summary of what the teams about, how did you form and do you prefer teaming with John Silver or do you prefer doing singles and why??
The Beaver Boys consist of John Silver and myself. Johnny started training about 2 weeks after I did, so we came up together. We both started out as singles wrestlers, but decided it would be fun to team together in 2012. As far as the Beaver Boys name, Johnny got it from a Tim and Eric skit. We don’t really take ourselves too seriously and thought it was a funny name. It’s hard to pick whether I like singles or tags better. I like them both for different reasons.
5. You are competing in DDT4 this year for PWG after facing off against The World’s Cutest Tag Team and Chuck Taylor and Trent Barreta previously, do you think you have a good chance of winning it due to your previous matches in PWG and what are your thoughts on Wrestling for one of the biggest promotions on the Independent circuit on a regular basis and who would you want to face next as The Beaver Boys in PWG??
Wrestling for PWG was a huge goal for Johnny and me. Once we saw Bryan Danielson vs Kenny Omega from PWG, we knew we had to wrestle there. As far as DDT4, I do believe we have a great chance of winning. We have a lot to prove. We lost both of our matches there, so we’re coming to Reseda to show everyone that we’re one of the best tag teams. It doesn’t matter who we face next. That’s the beauty of PWG. Every team there is at the top of their game.
6. You have wrestled a lot for CZW with John, what are your thoughts on the promotion in general and do you like doing hardcore matches or is it something you wouldn’t do??
Johnny and I love wrestling for CZW. We’ve been wrestling there for about 2 years now, and we have had some of our best matches there. Speaking for myself, our feud with Team Tremendous is probably my favorite thing we’ve done as a team. I don’t mind watching the death matches haha. The only way I would consider doing one is if it made sense to do it. I wouldn’t do one just to do one.
7. If given the chance in 2015, would you come over to the UK and who would you want to face if brought over??
Wrestling in the UK is a huge goal for me and Johnny. We would love the opportunity to wrestle there. I’m actually a huge British wrestling fan. I’ve heard such great things about Progress, RevPro, Southside, and other companies there. We would also love the opportunity to wrestle the Sumerian Death Squad. Also I would love to wrestle Zack Sabre Jr., and Dave Mastiff
8. What are your future ambitions/goals and where do you see yourself in 5 years time in Wrestling??
The main goal for me has always been WWE. Other than that, definitely going over to Europe, and Japan. I’ve always looked up to guys like Jericho, and Eddie Guerrero and how they traveled all over the world before they made it to WWE. In 5 years from now, I see myself still wrestling. It doesn’t really matter where, a long as I have the ability to perform, I’ll be happy.
9. Where can the readers/promoters find on social media/book Alex Reynolds and The Beaver Boys??
Readers and promoters can find me on twitter at @YTAlexReynolds, on facebook at Alex Reynolds, and instagram at YTAReynolds. Promoters can book me/The beaver boys at Alex.Reynolds4278@gmail.com. Maybe one day I’ll make a simpler email address haha.
10. Have you got any future dates or other projects you wish to plug??
Fans can see me May 8th at Five Borough Wrestling in Brooklyn, May 9th at CZW, and May 22nd at PWG when Johnny and I win DDT4.
Thanks to Alex for taking part in this interview and taking time out of his schedule to complete these, as a thank you please go and support him on social media and there will be more like this coming up only way to find out when they are out is by going to :
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/BritishWrestlingRevival
Twitter : @BritWresRevival
Instagram : @BritWresRevivalBlog
Shop : http://www.thebritishwrestlingrevival.spreadshirt.co.uk
And as always go and support our affiliates by using the dropdown!