1. Welcome to TheBritishWrestlingRevival Lewis, please introduce yourself to the readers??
Hi mate thanks for asking me to be a part of it. sup guys my names Lewis Howley, i’m 18 and from Orsett, Essex.
2. Lets talk about growing up first of all, did you watch wrestling growing up and if so were you inspired by anybody in particular to become a professional wrestler??
Yeah I’ve watched wrestling since i was about 5, i used to watch it at every opportunity possible and play wwf games on Playstation one and all sorts. I wouldn’t really say there was a wrestler in particular that inspired me to want to be a wrestler it was just the whole aspect of it that made me want to be a part of it. but my favorites were definitely Mysterio, Micheals and New age Outlaws.
3. How did you then get involved in Wrestling, who trained you and assessing the different training schools this country offers who would you say would have been good to have been trained by??
I was just on my laptop one day and thought id google about wrestling training etc and it turned out their was a school about 5 minutes. Dropkixx University of wrestling. I went down their at the closest date possible and that was that. a few years back they had a facility that was open 7 days a week so I was training 5 days a week. I was trained by Jon Ritchie and for the first 6 months of my training i was mostly training in amateur and shoot with Jon Owens which i feel has really helped me be at the level am now from having that base. Well by the sounds of it hammerlock was the place to be so if i would of loved to have trained with that class of people.
4. You beat Noam Dar at Climax Wrestling ‘It’s All Bants’ in the first round of the Title Tournament, how did it feel for you to beat someone who has had matches with some of the best wrestlers in the world including Rob Van Dam and John Morrison and would you say this shows how much you are progressing in Wrestling at the age of 17??
I could talk all day about this match haha. I’ve got a huge amount of respect for Noam hes one of my favorites to watch so to get to work with him was great and obviously to go over was cool as well but more importantly the feedback from the other wrestlers, the crowd was just unbelievable and we got match of the night and considering the guys on the card that’s a huge achievement. It proved to myself that i am capable of competing with the top guys.
5. You were beaten by Marty Scurll recently in the Semi Finals, how was the match for you and also will you be going after the title when the tournament is over considering you have shown your worthy of a shot??
I could literally give the same answer for this match as Marty is also one of the best in the business so to have the opportunity work with him was very beneficial. the main event of the next show is a four way between me, Seb, Mastiff and Scurll so you can bet i’m after that title.
6. Also you have competed for IPW:UK with Sammy Smooth against The London Riots, how was it to work with The London Riots and as well in a promotion such as IPW:UK??
Having the opportunity to work on IPW: UK shows be it only a few has been great because its such a well recognized promotion that always has good crowds. even sitting in the locker room listening is a learning experience. as for the riots the same is to be said, I love working with Sammy its always a good laugh but I feel we definitely need to improve on our tag work so how better than to work one of the best tag teams around.
7. What are your thoughts on the current state of British Wrestling??
The wrestling scene is definitely on the up right now, so much buzz on social media, crowds are bigger and the amount of good wrestlers at the minute is mad! and i’m just looking forward to being a part of it growing even more.
8. What are your future goals in Wrestling that you want to achieve in the next five years??
The list could go on and on. I would of course like to get to that next level in terms of my wrestling and establish myself as a name in british wrestling. I would love to take wrestling abroad in places like the USA and Japan, may as well dream big aye.
9. Where can the readers find Lewis Howley and where can promoters book you??
I’m on twitter @lewishowleyy or by email on email@example.com
Thanks to Lewis for taking part in this interview and taking time out of his schedule to complete these, as a thank you please go and support him on social media and there will be more like this coming up only way to find out when they are out is by going to :
Twitter : @BritWresRevival
Instagram : @BritWresRevivalBlog
And as always go and support our affiliates by using the dropdown!