1. Welcome to TheBritishWrestlingRevival thanks for your time, could you please introduce yourself to the readers first of all??
My name is The Amazon Ayesha Ray
- How did you get involved in wrestling training and would you say this was due to a love of Wrestling growing up??
I been a fan of wrestling British and international since o was allowed to watch television with my grandad and brothers I never thought of doing anything else.
- How did you get involved in Wrestling training, what are your thoughts on it looking back and who would you say would of done a great job training you either from the UK or abroad??
I’ve had a variety of trainers and mentors since I began wrestling and all have influenced my career and life choices throughout my life. I’ve always been a believer in learning for as many places as possible from as many people as possible; I believe that makes you more rounded as a wrestler and entertainer.
Justin Richards and Robbie Brookside and Darren Walsh have my rebuilders over the past years and I can honestly say I don’t know what I would have done without them.
- You are facing Lady Lory in her debut for UPW at Never Trust A Villain on Friday 25th September I believe, do you have any words for your opponent and do you think that if UPW introduces a women’s title in the near future that you would have to be in line for a shot??
First of all if UPW introduce a women’s championships in the future no other name comes into question but mine. And lady lory well we’ve crossed paths in the past but it will be interesting to see how we’ve both grown over the years. And see if she worthy to be in:
Playing by my rules
In my world
There is no doubt that she will be a tough opponent but she can’t hide that she’ll be in the ring with THE AMAZON Ayesha Ray
- At the last World War Wrestling show, Skarlett picked up the win vs yourself via a quick pin with both of you in the building at their next show, do you think there will be a confrontation and do you have any words for Skarlett??
Skarlett know where ill be….the simple fact that she had to win by a quick roll up after the beating I gave her says it all.
- Before I wrote these questions I found out you have wrestled Paige a couple of times years ago in WAW, do you think that more female wrestlers over here can makes it over in the US like Paige and would you say looking back on it you are happy that you had the chance to wrestle her before she went to the States??
I’m happy that I had my time to learn from, train with and wrestle with Paige. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again when she left she opened the doors for us all, but she was the heart and soul of the place we were in and when she left that place loss a lot.
- You have previously been over to Japan to compete for Stardom and Wrestle-1 back in 2013 I believe, is one of your firm ambitions to return and is there any other countries that you want to visit and any talents that you want to face in these countries that you don’t have the chance to over here in the UK??
I’ve always wanted to wrestle in japan. Germany, Japan and the states (The big one) have always been what I’ve strived to do. Two out of three ain’t bad, hopefully make it 3 very soon. I’d love to wrestle Hiroyo Matsumoto over here I think she’s any amazing talent and teacher when we toured together for Wrestle-1and Sendia Girls I was able to learn so much about the joshi style.
Training, wrestling learning along the STARDOM girls was a life experience that I wouldn’t change for the world. The dedication of those is amazing they work tremendously hard and deserve nothing but success. I’d like to say thank you to Rossy Ogawa, Nanae Takahashi and the entire STARDOM team for everything
- What are your thoughts on the current state of British and Female Wrestling??
I think that we need a main stage again Pro Wrestling Eve allowed us to branch out Fierce Females is also a great place in the north but we need something central to accommodate everyone. I truly believe that the women in this country are more talented than the men….we just don’t great a main stage we’re still one or two match among many, in this male dominated sport.
- What are your future goals/ambitions in Wrestling and where do you see yourself in 5 years time??
In five year time…hopefully still kicking about…I wanna be were the big girls play so I can raise hell, destroy faces and slip cocktails on the beach
- Where can readers/promoters find ‘The Female Predator’ Amazon and have you got any future dates/projects you wish to plug??
I will be competing in a Nabba qualifier event in Nov for women’s toned figure, I’ve recently complete in the Solent bodybuilding champions for women’s trained figure and placed 3rd. I am also a represent Leukaemia care (http://www.leukaemiacare.org.uk) on varies wrestling and bodybuilding events in order to support and raise money for leukaemia and blood cancer sufferers.
Thanks to Ayesha for taking part in this interview and taking time out of her schedule to complete these, as a thank you please go and support her on social media and there will be more like this coming up only way to find out when they are out is by going to :
Twitter : @BritWresRevival
Instagram : @BritWresRevivalBlog
And as always go and support our affiliates by using the dropdown!