1. Welcome to TheBritishWrestlingRevival Dan, first of all please introduce yourself to the readers and give them a quick summary of yourself as a wrestler???
My name is Dan James, I’m a professional wrestler from Leeds, Trained under El Ligero at the NGW academy.
2. Lets talk about your growing up, did you enjoy watching wrestling growing up or did it start much later and if so, who inspired you to think I am going to become a wrestler??
I was a bit of a late-bloomer as far as wrestling fandom goes. I drifted in and out during the mid/late 90’s but it wasn’t until 2003/4, when I discovered that my late Grandad was a huge World of Sport fan, that I really started to find my passion for professional wrestling. While plenty of wrestlers have influenced my style, I suppose it was really my Grandad that inspired me to actually persue wrestling. I know he’d be proud of everything I’ve achieved thus far.
3. How did you get involved with Wrestling training, who were you trained by and what would you say that would sum up the experience training in a couple of words??
I discovered a local wrestling school in Wakefield through a mutual friend. At the time it was being run by Rampage Brown. After he parted ways with the company and stepped down from the head trainer role, I started travelling to Hull to train at NGW with El Ligero. Both Rampage and Ligero are tough trainers who demand total commitent. in exchange, they get the very best out of their trainees. I would recommend both to any up-and-coming wresters, as they were both masssively beneficial to me in my training and to this day, I still consider them mentors and go to them for advice.
4. You are part of the TIDAL Wrestling roster a promotion which is affiliated with this blog, how do you assess the rise of TIDAL over the past year and do you think that it can only go from strength to strength??
TIDAL is definitely one of my favorite companies to work for! They have an amazing roster of talent, mixing rising stars with established names and imports. Their fanbase is amazing and its great to see such loyal fans show up every month and be invested in what we do. I’ve had some of my favorite matches for TIDAL and it is great to be involved in a company on the rise.
5. Speaking of TIDAL, you had a scheduled match with Jack Gallagher recently at Against All Odds 2 which has now been rescheduled for February, are you happy it’s been rescheduled and have you got any words for Jack ahead of your match??
I was very disappointed to not be able to make it to Against All Odds 2, for my scheduled match with Jack Gallagher. Jack is a wrestler who I have tons of respect for and was looking forward to the opportunity to test myself in the ring with him. I’m very grateful for Tidal Management rescheduling the match as it is one that myself and many others were looking forward to.
6. As far as i’m aware you wrestle predominately up North, do you wish to go further down South if you get bookings to do so and if so who would you want to face down here that you wouldn’t be able to up North??
I’m always looking to branch out and work in new places wherever possible, I’ve not had the opportunity to venture very far south thus far, but it’s definitely something I’m aiming at doing in the not-too-distant future.
7. Your moniker is the Armbar Superstar, was this made up by you or someone else and do you think being called this makes all opponents weary of the Armbar due to this moniker??
I was looking for a nickname in a similar vein to those carried by the old World of Sport stars, something that would sum up what Dan James is the second I came through the curtain. I can’t remember who came up with it, but it was suggested to me while I was mulling over a few ideas and it felt like the best fit.
8. What are your future ambitions in Wrestling and where do you see yourself in 5 years time??
At the moment, I’m just concentrating on getting my name out there and getting as much work as possible in the UK. Although I’d love to do a stint abroad at some point. There’s plenty of great wrestling going on in Europe or Japan that I’d love to be a part of.
9. Where can the readers find ‘The Armbar Superstar’ Dan James and where can promoters book you??
You can follow me on Twitter @ArmbarSuperstar, or ‘Like’ me on facebook (www.facebook.com/realdanjames). or you can get in touch via email email@example.com
10. Have you got any future dates or projects you wish to plug??
There’s some great looking shows from Tidal, UKWE and NGW coming up in the next few months That I’ll be part of. Keep up with my Facebook and Twitter pages for more info on shows and appearances.
Thanks to Dan for taking part in this interview and taking time out of his schedule to complete these as fast as he did, as a thank you please go and support him on social media and there will be more like this coming up only way to find out when they are out is by going to :
Twitter : @BritWresRevival
Instagram : @BritWresRevivalBlog
And as always go and support our affiliates by using the dropdown!