My name is Deonna Purrazzo. I am a professional wrestler and made my debut in 2013.
2. Lets talk about your growing up, did you enjoy watching wrestling growing up or did it start much later and if so, who inspired you to think I am going to become a Wrestler??
I have a twin brother who watched wrestling growing up with his friends. One day I saw someone get hit with a chair and I knew I was hooked. Once I saw women like Trish, Lita, and Victoria, I knew it was something one day I wanted to pursue. I was 9 yrs old at the time.
3. You trained with D2W Pro Wrestling Academy and then Rip Rogers with OVW I believe, how did you get involved with Wrestling training and who trained you who taught you the most and made you into the best wrestler possible??
I began training at D2W in Dec. 2012 training under Damian Adams and Robbie E. Damian was trained by Rip Rogers while he lived in Louisville, KY and OVW was affiliated with WWE. I have traveled to OVW to work TV and houseshows, as well as attend Rip’s classes and seminars BUT I am not solely/ formally trained by him.
4. I first saw you wrestle in a Women of Honor match vs Mandy Leon on YouTube, what are your thoughts on being part of Ring of Honor for this match and now that WOH is returning fully again would you like a more permanent spot to wrestle people like Mandy and Veda Scott more often ??
It was an honor (no pun intended) to be asked to be apart of the Woman Of Honor. It was really a match that broke the news WOH are returning and I’m so happy ROH was so happy with what we did when given the spot light. I am all about creating opportunities for others so I am ecstatic to see other women get to share that spotlight right now but I would absolutely love to return, wrestle, and continue to create the WOH division.
5. I believe your first match was against Brooke in TNA on a Knockouts Knockdown PPV, if this is true what are your thoughts on working in TNA against Brooke and do you think wrestling on this PPV taught you a lot so early in your career ??
Being apart of the TNA PPV, it was actually my 8th match but it totally taught me to think about so much more than just wrestling. I was so new and so nervous but wrestling Brooke and being able to be around the people I was in that locker room so early on in my career has been a blessing because I developed an understanding of what goes into creating a TV much earlier than most. It also helped me become more confident in my abilities to perform and garner crowd reactions.
6. Women’s Wrestling seems like it is on an all time high at the moment with the Divas Revolution in WWE and tons of all women’s promotions following the lead of Shimmer and Shine, what are your thoughts on the current state of Women’s Wrestling and do you think that female wrestlers have more opportunities in Wrestling now than they did a couple of years back??
Women’s wrestling is at an all time high right now! To be honest, I feel as though it wasn’t the Divas’ who created this “revolution” but UFC and the way they have brought Ronda Rousey to the forefront of women’s fighting. Wrestling is know to stay on top of what pop culture and seeing how Ronda was billed and how dominate she I a, has given women EVERYWHERE more opportunities. In terms of wrestling, women definitely have more opportunities that ever before. The last time you saw 2 women main event was Trish and Lita, and that just happened Wednesday, again! I’m so proud to be a Women’s Wrestler right now and I am so proud of the women who have worked hard to create this hype and continue to open doors for others.
7. Of course the name of this blog is TheBritishWrestlingRevival, would you consider coming over to the UK if given the chance in the future and if so have you got anyone in mind that you would want to face??
Definitely! I would absolutely love to travel to the UK! Robbie E was just over for 2 weeks and was telling me how awesome Toni Storm is, so she is definitely a competitor I would love to work with.
8. What are your future ambitions in Wrestling and where do you see yourself in 5 years time??
I honestly can’t say I know where I’ll be in 5 years. With wrestling, I’ve learned anything is possible and relish in the moments you have because they may not come again. I really take my wrestling career day by day and I am just so happy to be able be living my dream when I get into a ring. However, I want to travel and wrestle all over the globe. Japan, Mexico, the UK, Puerto Rico, Australia.
9. Where can the readers find Deonna Purrazzo and where can promoters book you??
Readers can add me on Facebook under Deonna Purrazzo and on twitter @DeonnaPurrazzo. Promoters can email me at email@example.com!
10. Have you got any future dates or projects you wish to plug??
I am currently working on wrestling 100 different events this year so I am booked pretty much every weekend!
Thank you to Deonna for completing this interview would be hugely grateful if you followed her on Social Media and as usual BWR!
Facebook : /BritishWrestlingRevival
Twitter : @BritWresRevival
Instagram : @BritWresRevivalBlog