- Welcome to TheBritishWrestlingRevival Mexx, first of all please introduce yourself to the readers and give them a quick summary of yourself as a wrestler???
Hey, here this is Mexx, i come from Graz Austria, 30 years old now, pro-wrestler since september 2009, in this 6 years i have had 240 matches. right now i am WFW Heavyweight CHampion in Germany and VPW Heavyweight Champion in England. I held the EWA Intercontinental Championship(Austria), POW Intercontinental Championship(Germany), NEW Heavyweight Championship(Germany), UKWA Championship(Austria)
- Let’s talk about your growing up, did you enjoy watching wrestling growing up or did it start much later and if so, who inspired you to think I am going to become a Wrestler??
I started watching wrestling in the year 1989, i was 4 years old. my father showed me that on tv. and i enjoyed watching it yes. i was a huge fan from Bret Hart, Goldberg, Brock Lesnar, Mr.Perfect.
- How did you get involved with Wrestling training with Michael Kovac and Chris Raaber, how was this experience and would you say that having training with these two men made you into a better wrestler and as a result the wrestler you are today??
I did backyard wrestling before. then i saw the wrestling school from Chris raaber in 2008. so i started there. yes it helped me much, but then in every match you learn. the tour in England helped me a lot and i learned many new things,
- You held the POW International Title until recently when I believe it was vacated, why was this the case and do you want to face Joe E Legend in future for the title to hopefully regain??
I am injured currently, so i couldn’t wrestle. and there were some other problems.. i don’t wanna talk about that. i’ll just say, wrestling isn’t always good to you. there are many assholes in that business and no i won’t wrestle for POW anymore.
- You wrestled last year for QPW in Qatar over a four day tour, how was this experience and does going to countries like this make you want to go to these sorts of countries more often??
Qatar was a very great experience. i met great and nice wrestlers. and yes i want to go to this country again.
- Speaking of countries, you wrestle mostly in Germany and Austria, what countries do you want to visit in future and why??
I wrestled in Switzerland, Poland, Italy, Scotland and Wales too 😉
other countries are always interesting, so why not.
- Of course the name of this blog is TheBritishWrestlingRevival, you are the current VPW champion I believe, are there any other promotions you want to wrestle for over here and is there any particular talent you would like to face if given the chance to wrestle for other promotions??
I think I would wrestle in every promotion in England, because I like this country. there are good wrestlers.
I want to wrestle every wrestler, it doesn’t matter who it is. just different opponents 😉
- What are your future ambitions in Wrestling and where do you see yourself in 5 years time??
I don’t know, I just live for today.. so I just breath, relay and see what will happen next. in 5 years I hope, I will have a wife and kids and live with them in a house
- Where can the readers find Mexx and where can promoters book you??
You can find me on facebook Mexx(berg) and every promoter can book me, just contact me!
- Have you got any future dates or projects you wish to plug??
in 2015 I have just one more in Austria. don’t know if i should accept other bookings this year, because right now I am injured. maybe it’s better to have a break.
Thanks to Max for taking part in this interview and taking time out of his schedule to complete these as fast as he did, as a thank you please go and support him on social media and there will be more like this coming up only way to find out when they are out is by going to :
Twitter : @BritWresRevival
Instagram : @BritWresRevivalBlog
And as always go and support our affiliates by using the dropdown!