1. Welcome to TheBritishWrestlingRevival David, first of all please introduce yourself to the readers and give them a quick summary of yourself as a wrestler???
-My name is David Starr. I’ve been called many nicknames such as The Cream in Your Coffee, All That & a Bag of Chips, The Physical Embodiment of Charisma, Davey Wrestling, Mr 104, The King of Taunts, and most notably The Product. I was a national qualifier as a collegiate amateur wrestler at 157 lbs. I’ve been wrestling professionally since 2/18/2012 after becoming the gayest graduate in the history of the world renowned Wild Samoan Training Center. Since being trained by 3x WWF Tag Team Champion Headshrinker Samu Anoa’i, I have received training from MASADA, Drew Gulak, DJ Hyde, andTommy Suede. I’ve also received mentoring from Adam Cole and Sami Callihan. I regularly work for Combat Zone Wrestling and Beyond Wrestling as well as performing internationally in Canada, Mexico, Australia. To start 2016 I will be touring Europe with wXw Germany among others.
2. Lets talk about your growing up, did you enjoy watching wrestling growing up or did it start much later and if so, who inspired you to think I am going to become a Wrestler??
-I fell in love with wrestling when I was 5 after seeing Shawn & Bret have their ironman match at Wrestlemania 12. I became an amateur wrestler shortly after and carried that through college. I always love Superstar Billy Graham, Ric Flair, Dusty, Jericho, and obviously Stone Cold & The Rock.
3. How did you get involved with Wrestling training with Headshrinker Samu and Tommy Suede how was this experience and if you could have been trained by any one else or even do a seminar with dead or alive who would it be and why ??
-I sent out various emails to many training centers seeking out where I would train and Sam was the first to answer. I looked into the history of the school and it was extremely obvious that the Wild Samoan Training Center was THE place to become a pro wrestler. I wouldn’t have traded my experience for anything else in the world.
4. Many people reading this will know you from The Juicy Product a team that you used to be apart of with JT Dunn where you basically won nearly every tag team title on the Indies, how did the team split and do you think that it is better you are not part of the Juicy Product now so you can be known ever further now as a singles talent ??
-I loved my time as Juicy Product. We accomplished a lot in a very short time, but we had many personal differences and it caused the split. I’m very happy where I am and where I’m going.
5. You are facing Azrieal, Lio Rush, Steve Scott, Lance Anoa’i and Shane Strickland in a Best of the Light Heavyweights 6 way, do you think having this much talent in the match is showing the depth of light heavyweight wrestling at the moment??
-I’m so happy to be wrestling for Jersey All Pro. It is one of the most prestigious companies in wrestling history. Period. And the guys I will share the ring with are some of the best in the world. I think pro wrestling in general is in a great spot and I’m very fortunate to be a part of it.
6. I heard that you were coming over to Europe for WXW 1/30 – 3/13, how did this come about and are you glad that you are able to finally make your European debut and show us what we have been missing not living in America??
-Excited would be an understatement haha. I’m elated to have the opportunity and I’m going to make the most of it.
7. Of course the name of this blog is TheBritishWrestlingRevival, would you consider coming over to the UK if given the chance in the future and if so have you got anyone in mind that you would want to face??
-I will be wrestling in the UK when I come to Europe! There are so many British wrestlers that are excellent and I’d be lucky to share the ring with any of them.
8. What are your future ambitions in Wrestling and where do you see yourself in 5 years time??
-I try to focus on day to day. Everyday I want to be better than I was the day before. 5 years? I hope I continue to be able to support myself and live my dream.
9. Where can the readers find ‘The Product/ The King of Taunts’ David Starr and where can promoters book you??
-Follow me on Twitter & IG: @TheProductDS. Check out my website that has all my merchandise, including attachments to Pro Wrestling Tees, TheProductDS.com. Facebook David Starr. Prowrestlingtees.com/davidstarr Bookings email firstname.lastname@example.org
10. Have you got any future dates or projects you wish to plug??
-continue to check TheProductDS.com for schedule updates and more info on me! THANK YOU!
Thanks to David for taking part in this interview and taking time out of his schedule to complete these as fast as he did, as a thank you please go and support him on social media and there will be more like this coming up only way to find out when they are out is by going to :
Twitter : @BritWresRevival
Instagram : @BritWresRevivalBlog
And as always go and support our affiliates by using the dropdown!