- Welcome to TheBritishWrestlingRevival Lio, first of all please introduce yourself to the readers and give them a quick summary of yourself as a wrestler???
Lio Rush is a 20 year old graduate of the new MCW Training Center. Also One half of the former tag team Sudden Impact, which was made up of Patrick Clark and Lio Rush, the first two graduates of the MCW training Center.
Lio was an All American amateur Wrestler ranked at the National level prior to starting his professional wrestling career and is known for his lightning speed ,agility ,strikes and surprising strength . Lio Rush debuted at the 2014 Tribute To The Legends. Eight months later Lio won the 2015 Shane Shamrock Memorial Cup by defeating five other competitors including Brandon Scott , 2014 Shamrock Cup winner Drolix , Eddie Edwards , Matt Cross ( Son of Havoc ) , and Shane Strickland. Shortly after his Shamrock cup win, Lio Rush picked up steam as he made his debut for CZW with an impressive performance against Trevor Lee , Caleb Konley , and Joey Janela . Lio Rush Has Wrestled in 15+ states within his short amount of time in the wrestling world and has gained and earned the respect from some of the best wrestlers today . Also Recently made his EVOLVE debut.
- Lets talk about your growing up, did you enjoy watching wrestling growing up or did it start much later and if so, who inspired you to think I am going to become a Wrestler??
I started watching wrestling when i was 5 years old and was hook since then. I realized i wanted to become a wrestler when i wasn’t having as much fun playing others sports as i was watching wrestling on TV. Watching Guys like the hardy boyz , Kurt Angle, Eddie Guerrero all inspired me to become a professional wrestler .
- How did you get involved with Wrestling training, who were you trained by and considering you are known as a bit of an all rounder who would you say would of trained you the best apart from the person who trained you and why??
I was trained by Tyler Hilton, RJ ” The Bruiser ” Myers , Qeenan Creed , and Pat Brink . All four of those guys have different styles and i learned from all of them. From power ,to speed, to technique ,to high flying , i am being trained to be a all around athlete and performer.
- You won the Shane Shamrock Cup XV beating Brandon Scott, Drolix, Eddie Edwards, Matt Cross and Shane Strickland who are all great talents like yourself, how did it feel to win this tournament and does winning it spur you on to go for it again next year??
By me winning the tournament , that guarantees me a spot in the shamrock cup last year to defend it. Winning and beating all of those guys most certainly gave me a confidence boost and showed me that anything is possible and anyone could get beat on any given day. I was honored to win the 2015 shamrock cup .
- You recently worked with Sean Waltman a.k.a X-Pac for MCW, what are your thoughts on working with Sean and did he have any words for you after the match??
Sean was by far one of the best people i have ever worked with so far. Smart and a true professional sean is. I actually suffered a injury during that match from taking a 10 ft fall from the ring to the floor , but got up and continued on with the match. He told me i was one tough S.O.B and to keep pushing and working hard because he saw me going places in the near future.
- You have wrestled for Combat Zone Wrestling a couple of times recently, how did it come about and do you think that working for CZW will get more eyes on you as a talent??
Well prior to me being booked for CZW i attended the CZW Dojo Wars, Where they showcase all of there future talent and people that are trying to earn a spot on CZW. I was fortunate enough to impress CZW officials to get a spot on there roster. CZW has most certainly put more eyes on me and has given me the plat form and head start to one day be apart of the “Elite” professional wrestlers on the independents .
- Of course the name of this blog is TheBritishWrestlingRevival, would you consider coming over to the UK if given the chance in the future and if so have you got anyone in mind that you would want to face??
I would love to head over to the UK. To be the best you have to prove yourself and showcase your skills all across the entire world. The UK is on my bucket list of course . As far as a match I would love to get in the Ring With Will Ospreay/ Zack Sabre Jr.
- What are your future ambitions in Wrestling and where do you see yourself in 5 years time??
I honestly don’t know exactly where i would be 5 years from now. Successful i would hope. I see myself being signed somewhere, whether that’s the WWE , ROH , NJPW , EVOLVE, LUCHA UNDERGROUND. I have no choice. I’m not giving myself any other option but to be somebody in this business that i love.
- Where can the readers find Lio Rush and where can promoters book you??
Twitter – itsLioRush
Facebook – Lio Rush
Instagram – RushLioRush
Email – RushLioRush@gmail.com
YouTube – Li G
- Have you got any future dates or projects you wish to plug??
Remaining 2015 Dates
Nov – 29th – BEYOND – Providence RI
Dec 4th – #MCW – Felton, DE
Dec 5th – #LEGACY – Manhiem, PA
Dec 12th – CZW -Philadelphia, PA
Dec 20th – CZW
Dec 26th – MCW -Joppa, MD
Thanks to Lio for taking part in this interview and taking time out of his schedule to complete these as fast as he did, as a thank you please go and support him on social media and there will be more like this coming up only way to find out when they are out is by going to :
Twitter : @BritWresRevival
Instagram : @BritWresRevivalBlog
And as always go and support our affiliates by using the dropdown!