1. Welcome to TheBritishWrestlingRevival Scott, first of all please introduce yourself to the readers and give them a quick summary of yourself as a wrestler???
Thanks for having me! Well, my name is Scott Star, you’ll usually find me at IPW:UK shows wearing fluffy coats and doing some high flying stuff. I work a few other places at the moment too where I’m generally being an arrogant bastard and shouting a lot…either way, you’ll be sure to see weird Miley Cyrus references.
2. Lets talk about your growing up, did you enjoy watching wrestling growing up or did it start much later and if so, who inspired you to think I am going to become a Wrestler??
When I was growing up the WWF became a bit of a fad in my school, like pokemon cards, tamigotchi’s and Ben Sherman shirts (Was that just my school?) It was during the attitude era and I got the videogames and figures and tried to actually watch the wrestling when I could…the fad died down and then wrestling became lame some how. I always still quite liked it but rarely had any of it in my life anymore, then one day I saw Smackdown was on TV, Rey Mysterio had just debuted and I was absolutely blown away, I instantly became properly hooked and it was Mysterio who inspired me to become a wrestler!
3. How did you get involved with Wrestling training, who trained you, how was this experience and if you could have been trained by any one else or even do a seminar with dead or alive when you started off wrestling who would it be and why would it have helped you as a wrestler ??
I was lucky enough to have a trampoline in my garden as a kid and I would wrestle invisible people on it wearing my sexy replica Rey Mysterio mask, something clicked and I realised I wanted to do it for real, so I went online and started researching how to get into it. I found a place affiliated with FWA with guys like DnD and Kyle Ashmore. The main trainer when I was there was JC Thunder, with a lot of guest seminars from a lot of the big names in the UK at the time. It was fantastic! It was a small shed like building with a boxing ring and mats, it was very tough. If I could train under anyone when I started it’d obviously be Mr. Mysterio as I was a big fan at the time and the style I wanted to do.
4. After spending most of the previous Tap’N’Tin Show bringing around a sign to try and get yourself re-hired you got a match with Jack Clover at Hardcore Lottery at the same venue which you ended up getting the win in, does this show that they were right to re-hire you and are you looking to go up the ranks and hopefully pick up a title now you have been re-hired??
I think IPW:UK would have been fools not to rehire me, Tap N Tin was where I started that #RehireScottStar campaign and the first crowd to get behind me and chant for me to get rehired, so it was very cool to wrestle there again with a great audience who was supporting me. I am looking to go up the ranks but after the year I had at IPW, I know it will take time to get to a level where I can win a championship, but with the crowd cheering me on, I’m sure it’ll happen soon!
5. Yesterday at IPW:UK Christmas Cracker you and ‘Blackbelt’ Tom Dawkins were defeated by the Swords and Essex which was followed by Ospreay giving you a pop-up backbreaker after the match, do you have any words for both men and after this happened will you and Tom be actively seeking retribution??
As I write this I am lying in bed aching all over, the Swords of Essex beat the living hell out of me. Will Ospreay in particular…We used to be good mates and in January 2015 I had one of my favourite matches ever with him, but his attitude is completely different now and I can’t stand him. He did this backbreaker to me after the match which was just so unnecessary, the match was over and I was already in a hell of a lot of pain, that backbreaker messed me up, my feet went a bit numb and I was/still am scared man. I just wanna say that I will get retribution, especially with Will, in fact, I am already talking to the man in charge of IPW:UK to get a singles match against Ospreay. One on one WITHOUT Robinson there to help. They’re both vile, sadistic scumbags.
6. You and Sammy Smooth teamed to take on DND at UKPW ‘Showcase’ back in November in a losing effort, will you and Smooth be after the titles at the next UKPW show in the new year as a result and you have been called by UKPW as a crafty cohesion after you were responsible for physically handing Smooth the Inter-Regional Championship belt which he used to crack over the head of Kyle Ashmore and win the title in August, do you think that you and Sammy make a good team and as a result do you think that you should be holding the UKPW Tag Titles right now??
Ya know, Sammy, Duggan, Donnelly and I are all good friends, but when it comes to title matches, that’s gotta be forgotten about, I teamed with Sammy to take on DnD for the UKPW tag titles, but Sammy lost the match for us. I know DnD are already saying that because of that victory they feel they deserve a shot at Sammy’s Interregional championship and to be honest, I feel that I deserve a shot too…if Sammy didn’t get pinned, WE would be champs! So we’ll see what happens, me and Sammy have great chemistry together and we know what the other is thinking so we make a good team, but we also make great opponents…
7. 2015 is about to end how has your year in wrestling been in your opinion and what are your goals for 2016??
2015 has been a bit of a weird year. It was filled with losses, both matches and even my job at IPW:UK! But I’ve also had a chance to work with a number of very talented people and train with incredible wrestlers. Since being rehired in September, I’ve won a lot of my matches, even one against Vince Russo! So 2015 has had it’s ups and downs but now I’m focused on proving I do belong. I don’t know how 2016 will go, but I’m determined to get better and better and have the best year of my life.
8. Speaking of goals, What are your future ambitions in Wrestling and where do you see yourself in 5 years time??
My ambitions are much the same as anyone who is in the business I should think. I wanna be that guy everyone knows will put on a good show, you see my name and you should know that it can not be missed. Anything can happen in 5 years, it’s a long time. I hope I’m right where I belong in 5 years time…
9. Where can the readers find Scott Star and where can promoters book you??
You can find me on facebook.com/ScottStar and on twitter and instagram: @thescottstar, which is where I also advertise all future dates so keep your eyes peeled, Starlings! Promoters can contact me via all those social media platforms and my email address, which is Scott_Star@hotmail.com
Thanks to Scott for taking part in this interview and taking time out of his schedule to complete these, as a thank you please go and support him on social media and there will be more like this coming up only way to find out when they are out is by going to :
Twitter : @BritWresRevival
Instagram : @BritWresRevivalBlog
And as always go and support our affiliates by using the dropdown!