1. Welcome to TheBritishWrestlingRevival Chance, first of all please introduce yourself to the readers and give them a quick summary of yourself as a wrestler???
My name is Chance Prophet. I like turtles, Batman, and hurting people for money. #hi
2. Lets talk about your growing up, did you enjoy watching wrestling growing up or did it start much later and if so, who inspired you to think I am going to become a Wrestler??
My papa got me hooked on wrestling at the age of 6. I loved the athleticism and theatrics of it all. My first introduction to professional wrestling was the WWF Saturday Night Main Events, and later the NWA/Crockett Promotions. Of all of my favorites, The Great Muta inspired me most, and still does.
3. How did you get involved with Wrestling training, who trained you, how was this experience and if you could have been trained by any one else or even do a seminar with dead or alive when you started off wrestling who would it be and why would it have helped you as a wrestler ??
I got involved with wrestling at the age of 18-19 (my first match was at 19). I trained at APW (WV) under “Adorable” Danny Ray Nelson, and later under Jesse Hernandez in San Bernardino, CA. I had the opportunity to train at OVW in 1998, but I started college that year, and couldn’t afford the tuition to both. In hindsight, I would have been in the same training classes as Randy Orton, John Cena, and others, so I would have had a great advantage in my career, but never have made the memories I have as an independent wrestler.
4. In October you wrestled on TNA’s Road To Bound To Glory Tour facing off against Shawn Schultz and picking up a victory, was it a good experience to wrestle for TNA, how did the crowd react to you and would you return in the future if given the opportunity for a more extended run??
It was a great experience, and I welcome any opportunity to go back. They really allow the talent to use their potential, at TNA. The crowd was extremely welcoming, and solidly behind me, but being in the ring with Shawn Shultz helped that a lot. He’s another one that deserves to be under contract.
5. You were the Remix Pro Heavyweight champion until recently when you lost it to Ron Mathis I believe, is one of your goals to win a title that you held for over 3 years back and if so what’s your message to Ron Mathis??
Don’t get to comfortable. I’m not happy about losing my baby. you don’t know what I will do when someone takes something so near and dear to my heart.
6. You are a 2x NWA National Heavyweight champion, how did it feel to win a really prestigious title in the wrestling industry and do you think that the NWA has lost a bit of it’s shine since those days or do you think that it’s name is as strong now as it was then??
The current NWA is a different creature than the one I knew, and the one everyone else followed. Its not a bad thing, by any means. It has a single direction, which it lacked for a long time. I think that the brand identity is being re-established, but it’s legacy is still as strong as ever.
7. Of course the name of this blog is TheBritishWrestlingRevival, would you consider coming over to the UK if given the chance in the future and if so have you got anyone in mind that you would want to face??
I would love to wrestle in the UK, and its a goal I want to achieve soon. I don’t have any single wrestler in mind, but if I had to single any one out, it would be Douglas Williams.
8. What are your future ambitions in Wrestling and where do you see yourself in 5 years time??
Hopefully, somewhere helping others achieve their dreams. I want to open a school, or be a part of a program that helps young wrestlers thrive wherever they apply their talents.
9. Where can the readers find Chance Prophet and where can promoters book you??
10. Have you got any future dates or projects you wish to plug??
I am releasing footage from my promotion NWA PREMIER/Premier Fight Sports soon via www.pivotshare.com/premierfightsports . We had some really great events that were sidelined after my singles career schedule took off again. Premier might be on the rebound soon, but until then, we have a lot of really great action that hasn’t seen the light of day. I’ve got a lot of dates coming up after a little rehab time, and am looking at expanding internationally.
Thanks to Joseph/Chance for taking part in this interview and taking time out of his schedule to complete these, as a thank you please go and support him on social media and there will be more like this coming up only way to find out when they are out is by going to :
Twitter : @BritWresRevival
Instagram : @BritWresRevivalBlog
And as always go and support our affiliates by using the dropdown!