Photo Credit : Tony Knox
1. Welcome to TheBritishWrestlingRevival Lizzy, first of all please introduce yourself to the readers and give them a quick summary of yourself as a wrestler???
Hello my name is Lizzy Styles, I am the princess of wrestling! I am a bubbly person. Who loves to interact with the fans and always have fun and make the crowd enjoy themselves! I’m all about the fun side!
2. Lets talk about your growing up, did you enjoy watching wrestling growing up or did it start much later and if so, who inspired you to think I am going to become a Wrestler?? I started watching WWE when I was about 4 or 5?
But I’d watch the divas and just want to look like them, like wear what they wore! Maria Kanellis was my favourite when I was younger, I think it was because she had red hair and at the time I was obsessed with red hair! Ever since then she was my favourite for that reason. The superstar side to it, was Randy Orton! When I started watching it I was quite young, so being young it was all kind of different. But I was madly obsessed with Randy Orton growing up! Literally turning 8/9 I had a room full of him it was so bad. When I found out I could be like him and be a wrestler it was the only thing i wanted to do.
3. How did you get involved with Wrestling training, who trained you, how was this experience and if you could have been trained by any one else or even do a seminar with dead or alive when you started off wrestling who would it be and why would it have helped you as a wrestler ??
One night I was camping out, and there was a girl just there and she gave out leaflets for a training place which I was made up about because previously before this i had been looking for a school or place to train and couldn’t find anything anywhere so this helped me. I took the leaflet and joined a place! I’m not gonna go into much detail about the place because over the time I spent there I was more less bullied and stuff which caused me to leave and find somewhere new. I’ve trained with Rip Rogers, Gypsy John Kenny, Robbie Brookside, Cj Banks, Danny Hope, T-Bone, Zack Gibson, and there is quite a few more person also. My current place I’m training is infinite promotions gym, it’s based in St. Helens and it’s a good place to learn your stuff. There’s quite a few people I’d love a seminar with too. I would love to have one with Paul Heyman just because his mic skills! I want to be that good one day! Of course I’d like one with Randy Orton aswell!
4. I first heard of you from Coventry Pro Wrestling where you are a 2x CPW Vixens Champion, 1x Next Gen Vixens Champion and first ever and current Vixens champion, you have what is being described as your toughest test to date when you face 5 other women in an elimination match do you have any words for the other competitors in the match and do you think that the amount of titles you have won in CPW shows how dominating you have been in CPW so far??
I’m not phased by the match at all. I’ve wrestled most the girls in this match in singles and I’ve more less beat them, I don’t think winning this is a problem to me. I’m quite looking forward to it because it will be my first time in one of these matches which is what I’m looking forward to the most!
5. Last night (23/01/2016) you wrestled for Empress Pro against Miss Xia Brookside in a winning effort in your debut, how was it to debut for them against Xia and also what are your thoughts on all woman promotions such as Empress, Shimmer/Shine etc.??
Me and Xia have trained together a couple of times so we kind of knew each others style of wrestling and such. It was really good to wrestle her for the first time, I enjoyed it and I was a heel also which I LOVED about it. I love all women’s promotions but I don’t think they get looked at properly because of it being an all girls! Some people don’t take woman’s wrestling seriously and I think that’s quite sad, there are actually some good women wrestlers who work hard. I’d love to wrestle for shimmer or shine one day.
6. You are wrestling for Cornish Pro Wrestling on February the 13th against Nixon Newell in their first ever women’s match, are you honoured to be chosen to be part of this first in CPW and what are your thoughts on your opponent ahead of this match??
I’m really glad I was chosen to wrestle Nixon at the first ever women’s match for this promotion, it’s making me more excited! I’ve wrestled Nixon before and really enjoyed it! I was really excited the first time so I’m looking forward to wrestling her again.
7. What are your thoughts on the current state of British and Women’s Wrestling and do you think that 2016 will be even better than last year was in terms of Wrestling??
I’m hoping that 2016 will be a better year in terms of wrestling over here! Just got to think positive with that kind of stuff and hope for the best but I’m sure it will be.
8. What are your future ambitions in Wrestling and where do you see yourself in 5 years time??
My ambitions in wrestling is that I wanna travel everywhere wrestling and mainly see a lot of places, of course one day my main goal is to be signed in WWE, or somewhere over in America. Hopefully one day. I don’t know where I see myself in 5 years, still wrestling I hope!
9. Where can the readers find ‘Princess’ Lizzy Styles and where can promoters book you??
For promoters to book me – email@example.com Lizzystyles_8 is my Instagram Lizzy Styles is my Facebook page!! Lizzystyles8 is my Twitter
10. Have you got any future dates or projects you wish to plug??
I am wrestling for fierce females on February 26th which I’m SO excited about. I have quite a couple dates coming up also, 6th Feb I’ll be down at Coventry Pro Wrestling! 7th Feb I’ll be wrestling for Just Do Wrestling Promotions! Always a fun place to wrestle! I’ll post updates on all my social media pages so make sure to check them out 🙂
Thanks to Lizzy for taking part in this interview and taking time out of her schedule to complete these, as a thank you please go and support her on social media and there will be more like this coming up only way to find out when they are out is by going to :
Twitter : @BritWresRevival
Instagram : @BritWresRevivalBlog
And as always go and support our affiliates by using the dropdown!