Photo Credit : Tony Knox Photography
1. Welcome to TheBritishWrestlingRevival Xia, first of all please introduce yourself to the readers and give them a quick summary of yourself as a wrestler???
– Hello, my name is Miss Xia Brookside. I am a very outgoing, bubbly person who loves to meet new people and interact with fans.
2. You are of course the daughter of WWE trainer and British Wrestling legend Robby Brookside, as a result were you an active watcher of wrestling growing up either live or on TV or did you start watching wrestling later on??
– I’ve watched wrestling for as long as I can remember. I always speak to my dad about my first matches, which was when I was around 2, I was taken to my first All Star Wrestling event. We used to go to between 2-4 wrestling shows a week in different towns, I loved travelling and watching my dad in the ring and I knew from there forward that this is who I am and where I want to be.
3. How did you get involved with Wrestling training as a result, were you trained by your father or someone else if so who and how was the experience??
– Well my father always told me that I would never step one foot in the squared circle so I never ever thought that I’d be where I am today. I took my first training session at The Brookside’s School Of Wrestling when my father left for NXT. It was more of a taster to see if I truly wanted to do this, he was totally unaware. Darren ‘thunder’ Walsh or my ‘Uncle Darren’ was the head trainer at the school when my dad left and he taught me most of what I know along side Gareth Harris our other trainer. I loved every moment of training, every one has their own mental blocks which are frightening but I knew I could overcome them with training.
4. You made your debut in May 2015 for First Class Wrestling, how would you say you have improved since this debut and do you think you getting quite a few bookings at the end of 2015 to now shows that 2016 will be a good year for you in terms of Wrestling??
– I would say I’ve become a lot more confident in the ring now, I’ve been doing a lot of training with different trainers including ‘Gypsy’ John Kenny and Dean Allmark. I have a feeling that 2016 is going to be a kickstart to my career!
6. You wrestle for All Star as far as i’m aware, what are your thoughts on a touring environment and wrestling in different places most nights and do you recommend it to wrestlers who get the opportunity to do so??
– The All Star team for me is a family unit, life on the road can be difficult, you’re away from your families and most of the places we work there is no signal or you don’t have time to make phone calls. In my opinion any wrestler in this country who is truly passionate about this job should be trying their absolute hardest to get on the All Star Wrestling shows.
7. On February 26th you wrestle one of the best in the UK in Nikki Storm on your debut I believe not only for Fierce Females but in Scotland, are you looking forward to making your first of hopefully many appearances in Scotland, what are your thoughts on your opponent Nikki Storm and would you say this is a good opponent for you to make your debut against??
– This is one match that I am totally excited for! Scotland has always been one place that I’ve wanted to wrestle, the fans are just so enthusiastic about wrestling and getting involved. Nikki Storm for me is the perfect opponent, her fire and love for the job matches my own. She is a truly inspirational wrestler to me and I feel honoured to have the opportunity to wrestle her.
8. What are your future ambitions in Wrestling and where do you see yourself in 5 years time??
– I want to travel the world with wrestling. My main dream is to be signed by WWE and have the opportunity to wrestle with the biggest company and make my family proud.
9. Where can the readers find Miss Xia Brookside and where can promoters book you??
– Readers can find me on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram as ‘Miss Xia Brookside’ Promoters can message me privately through my Facebook page or my personal page.
10. Have you got any future dates or projects you wish to plug??
– My next match that I feel will be one to remember is on the 26th February in Glasgow against the incredible Nikki Storm for Fierce Females.
Thanks to Xia for taking part in this interview and taking time out of her schedule to complete these, as a thank you please go and support her on social media and there will be more like this coming up only way to find out when they are out is by going to :
Twitter : @BritWresRevival
Instagram : @BritWresRevivalBlog
And as always go and support our affiliates by using the dropdown!