- Welcome to TheBritishWrestlingRevival Julian, first of all please introduce yourself to the readers and give them a quick summary of yourself as a wrestler???
Hey, my Name is Julian Nero, I’m from Salzburg, Austria, trained by Michael Kovac and Cannonball Grizzly/PN News at the EWA Powerplexx Dojo in Vienna.
- Lets talk about your growing up, did you enjoy watching wrestling growing up or did it start much later and if so, who inspired you to think I am going to become a Wrestler??
Actually I got started watching wrestling kind of late, I did catch a few glimpses on TV, f.e. a 3count Match and one LAX Match on TNA but that’s all I saw when I was a kid. When I was 19 I got started watching wrestling a lot and started digging into old wrestling as well.
The one wrestler who stood out to me the most was Ric Flair, he was completely different and got me hooked right away!
- How did you get involved with Wrestling training, who trained you, how was this experience and if you could have been trained by any one else or even do a seminar with dead or alive when you started off wrestling who would it be and why would it have helped you as a wrestler ??
A friend of mine told me that there was a renowned wrestling school in Vienna so we went there and started training, he quit after a month but I kept coming. I was trained by Michael Kovac, who was active in CWA under Otto Wanz, and later as well by Cannonball Grizzly/PN News, who had lived in Vienna as well at that time. I would consider myself quite lucky with the training I got because my 2 coaches have such a different background as well as emphasis in their teaching so I can combine them now.
I had the privilege to attend a Dr. Tom Prichard seminar, which was absolutely amazing, I would really love to train with him again.
- You wrestle mainly for WXW I would say the best known promotion in Germany, how is it working for them and if given the chance to join the 16 Carat Tournament in the future would you say you could go on and win the tournament ??
Working for wXw is great! All their athletes get looked after in very careful manner, they provide impressive setups at the arenas and they feature a high class wrestling product with national, international as well as home-grown talent.
Participating in 16Carat is something everyone who is active in wXw wants to, so I am no different. As far as predicting if I could win it that’s hard to say, basically everything can happen in the knockout format 16Carat provides.
- Speaking of WXW, you are part of Cerburus and looking at your match history it said you took part in a War Games match, a match type used quite sparingly in 2016, first of all what would you say sums up Cerburus in a few words and how was it being part of a war games match??
I am part of Cerberus, a faction uniting 3 very different individuals, namely Robert Dreissker, Ilja Dragunov and myself, into one unit with one voice, which is Adam Polak, our consultant.
As to the War Games matchup, we have had quite the rivalry with Big Daddy Walter, Axel Dieter Jr. and Da Mack over the last 10 Months. After being defeated by us in important matchups, f.e. for the wXw World Tag Team Titles, Big Daddy Walter challenged us to this kind of match to settle this once and for all, inside the steel cage. The War Games Matchup was the most intense and brutal match I have ever taken part in, after 37minutes of carnage we were victorious. It took me much longer than usually to physically recover from this match.
- Of course the name of the blog is TheBritishWrestlingRevival, you have previously wrestled for a touring promotion over here in All Star, first of all how did it come about, how was this experience and are you returning to the UK for them and/or other promotions in 2016 and beyond and if so who would be your picks to wrestle that you haven’t wrestled previously while over here??
I had the pleasure to be part of the All Star Wrestling Tours courtesy of my couch Cannonball Grizzly, who has been wrestling for All Star for about 20 years as American Avalanche. I had my first tour for All Star in 2014, I traveled 9 weeks all over the UK and since I have been touring with them a couple of times. I think All Star is the number one place to be in the UK, nowhere else do you find a similar schedule or talent pool.
- Speaking of All Star you adopt a different name while over here Hans Hoffman, is the gimmick you adapt over here different to Julian Nero and if so how and do you enjoy having a different ring name while over here as a change to normality??
I adopted the “Hans Hoffman” persona because All Star Wrestling’s Promoter Brian Dixon told me I reminded him of legendary german grappler Horst Hoffman, who had worked for him as well. The comparison was a huge honor and I enjoy the change of persona. While Julian Nero is very calculating and uses his mind as an advantage Hans Hoffman is more physical and straight forward with his intentions.
- What are your future ambitions in Wrestling and where do you see yourself in 5 years time??
My ambitions in wrestling are summed up quite easy, I want to improve, take as much out of every single opportunity I get and travel to every possible country doing what I love. I can’t tell you where I see myself in 5 years, but I will still be wrestling somewhere.
- Where can the readers find Julian Nero and where can promoters book you??
- Have you got any future dates or projects you wish to plug??
Like my FB page, also check out the Cerberus page www.facebook.com/CerberusCaveCanem for upcoming dates.
Thanks to Julian for taking part in this interview and taking time out of his schedule to complete these, as a thank you please go and support him on social media and there will be more like this coming up only way to find out when they are out is by going to :
Twitter : @BritWresRevival
Instagram : @BritWresRevivalBlog
And as always go and support our affiliates by using the dropdown!