1. Welcome to TheBritishWrestlingRevival Marius, first of all please introduce yourself to the readers and give them a quick summary of yourself as a wrestler???
Hey Sam, thank you for the interview request. I’m Marius AL-Ani and I’ve been active in the ring since four and a half years ago. I’m 5″9 high and I weigh 200Ibs. Because of my attitude to professional wrestling they call me “Mr No Bullshit”.
2. Lets talk about your growing up, did you enjoy watching wrestling growing up or did it start much later and if so, who inspired you to think I am going to become a Wrestler??
When I was a child, I don’t remember how old I was, I started to watch wrestling on the tv, because my little brother told me, this is the shit. From then on it happened to me. I couldn’t imagine anything else I wanted to do.
3. How did you get involved with Wrestling training, who trained you, how was this experience and if you could have been trained by any one else or even do a seminar with dead or alive when you started off wrestling who would it be and why would it have helped you as a wrestler ??
I trained in Hannover in the School of European Wrestling promotion headed by Ecki Eckstein and Leon van Gasteren. There, I was allowed to learn this sport in seminars of various sizes. There were names like: Robby Brookside, Fit Finlay, Lance Storm, Danny Collins, Juventud Guerrera and many more. If I could take part in the training of any wrestler, then that would be the one Eddie Guerrero and Dean Malenko on the other.
4. As far as i’m aware you are currently SWE and EWP Junior Champion, for you how did it feel to win both of these and do you have a message to any potential challengers who may be reading this for either titles??
Winning the EWP junior championship trophy was something very special because it was my first title ever and this was in my hometown promotion. The SWE title win was also special because it was my first champion belt. These two I will not give up so quickly, come what may!
5. Late last year you were part of the Axel Dieter Memorial Cup reaching the final, how was it wrestling in the memory of someone like Axel who had such an impact on the european wrestling scene and sadly passed away last year and do you want to go on to win it if it is put on again this year??
The Axel Dieter Memorial Cup was very special for me. Firstly, it was a tournament to honor a true catch legend. People in Germany have apparently forgotten that Germany was a catch stronghold for decades. Therefore, I thought it was important to remind people of the name Axel Dieter. Secondly, Axel Dieter was the father of my friend Axel Dieter Junior, who attended the tournament. Therefore I wanted to give my best performance to honor his father. It was the day that I was finally able to fight against my trainer Leon van Gasteren and that in the final. I have been anticipating this day with great excitement since the beginning of my career. Incredibly, next year I’ll get the trophy.
6. Also you wrestle for WXW, one of if not the best promotion I would say in Europe right now, what would you say about WXW as a promotion would you agree with my statement above and if given the chance to be in the 16 Carat Tournament would you take it and do you think you go on and win it??
WXW definitely has the most shows and very good worker and flight-ins, which can’t be disputed. Also everything backstage runs in a very professional way. The 16 carat tournament is a goal to participate. The course will then be shown when the time comes.
7. Of course the name of the blog is TheBritishWrestlingRevival, you have previously wrestled for Pride Promotions over here late last year, how was this experience, how did it happen and do you wish to return here this year at all if so who do you have in mind to face??
To fight in England was a very good experience. It was nice to get such a chance. I had to fight five five-minute rounds. It was incredible! This year I want to go to England again for allstar wrestling and I would like to meet Chad Collyer again. I’ve already had a match with him in Hannover and I count it among my favorites.
8. What are your future ambitions in Wrestling and where do you see yourself in 5 years time??
My goal is to be as good as possible and climb as high as I can. Where I see myself in five years…
…In any case, a lot further on than now. A lot can happen in that time, but I work hard on myself in order to move forward.
9. Where can the readers find Marius Al-Ani and where can promoters book you??
You can find me on my Facebook page:
and on Twitter:
10. Have you got any future dates or projects you wish to plug??
I am travelling every week. You will find all tour dates on my social media pages. Thank you for the interview.
Thanks to Marius for taking part in this interview and taking time out of his schedule to complete these, as a thank you please go and support him on social media and there will be more like this coming up only way to find out when they are out is by going to :
Twitter : @BritWresRevival
Instagram : @BritWresRevivalBlog
And as always go and support our affiliates by using the dropdown!