Photo Credit : Brett Hadley Photography
1. Welcome to TheBritishWrestlingRevival Kyle, first of all please introduce yourself to the readers and give them a quick summary of yourself as a wrestler???
I’m Kyle Kingsley, I’m part way through my second year in wrestling after coming out of the house of pain school in Nottingham. As far as in the ring I like to bring a versatile approach where I can adapt my style with each match to better handle my opponent.
2. Lets talk about your growing up, did you enjoy watching wrestling growing up or did it start much later and if so, who inspired you to think I am going to become a Wrestler??
My wrestling influence comes from being brought up by parents who both have an interest in wrestling. I have been watching for longer than I can remember and it’s been a major constant in my life. So really my will to succeed at this comes from that dream I created growing up.
3. How did you get involved with Wrestling training, who trained you, how was this experience and if you could have been trained by any one else or even do a seminar with dead or alive when you started off wrestling who would it be and why would it have helped you as a wrestler ??
I have so far been mostly trained by Stixx and Joe Conners, with a multitude of seminars and one off sessions with other people such as Chris Masters, Bubblegum and Pete Dunne to name a few. This for me has been an amazing experience in which I’m still no where near the end of, as I have a lot I could learn and a lot of people I haven’t yet learned from. But dead or alive I would pick two people to train with if I could chose any. Number one being Edge, just purely for the different expressions he can throw in to make any situation even bigger. With Eddie Guerrero being the other if he was alive as I have a huge respect for him as an in ring performer and how smooth he made anything look.
4. You wrestled in the LCW rumble recently, what are your thoughts on wrestling rumble matches and do you think that doing them can lead to more opportunities in future if you impress??
I believe any chance to get infront of a crowd on any show is an opportunity to me. It’s a chance to get my foot in the door and show that I can be a good addition to the team a promoter has built.
5. You have wrestled for Megaslam a touring promotion similar to All Star, what are your thoughts on the touring environment and is it great to visit new places to wrestle and meet different fans??
I really enjoy my work for Megaslam and my debut for All-star. For me personally I want to work as many dates and as many places as possible and these companies offer a lot of opportunities for that when you are in the door. Also learning to work in these different places has aided me in becoming more adaptable and given me more chances to learn.
6. Recently you have made your HOPE debut and have since wrestled I believe in Underwood, Derby and most recently Leighton Buzzard vs So Scandalous with Robert Sharpe as Filthy Gorgeous, is this a team that you want to expand into different promotions if possible and how was it tagging against Smile and Dunne??
For me personally I enjoy working with Rob Sharpe I have gotten to know him quite well recently since starting as opponents in House of Pain and then becoming partners in HOPE, we have done odd bits elsewhere, however I’d like to see us appear in more places together as we work well. Talking of the match in Leighton buzzard the addition of Barbie Rogue who I work with in LCW Elevation makes us a unique group. When thinking of working with Damien and Ryan, I have a lot of respect for both of them but I feel like I need to get back in the ring with either both or one of them again soon, just from a personal perspective, I don’t feel I truly have a feel for what it’s like wrestling them yet.
7. As alluded to you have wrestled for the main LCW show in the rumble but also you have started wrestling on the LCW Elevation shows recently and on the next show you are facing Lucas Archer for a no.1 contendership for White Tiger’s Elevation title, have you got any words for Lucas ahead of this match or White Tiger the current champion who you could be taking on in the future??
Yea I have been on the elevation shows for a little while now and as I mentioned earlier it is where I met Barbie Rogue, who I have found some chemistry with. When thinking about Lucas Archer, that guy knows me as well as anyone in wrestling, we debuted on the same house of pain show. With that in mind I think I have a good bag of tricks that he still hasn’t seen yet but we both will take eachother to the limit. After him White Tiger is a guy I’ve met once in HOPE and I intend on making him fight even more to keep that title he holds so dear.
8. What are your future ambitions in Wrestling and where do you see yourself in 5 years time??
My ambitions, I want to go abroad, my dream is Japan as I take a lot of influence from there but I take each day at a time and focus on being better every time I wake up. Looking to this year alone I’d like to wrestle more well known names and I am yet to wrestle any of my trainers so that’s a small target for this year for me.
9. Where can the readers find Kyle Kingsley and where can promoters book you??
To find me I have the Facebook page, Kyle Kingsley. Twitter/instagram @kyleofkings. If you want to get in touch with me look at these or email Kyle.firstname.lastname@example.org
10. Have you got any future dates or projects you wish to plug??
As far as plugs, I will be appearing at HOPE wrestling this year a lot as the amount of shows being done by them has been increased so prepare for a lot of Filthy Gorgeous. Thanks for your time I’ve been Kyle Kingsley.
Thanks to Kyle for taking part in this interview and taking time out of his schedule to complete these, as a thank you please go and support him on social media and there will be more like this coming up only way to find out when they are out is by going to :
Twitter : @BritWresRevival
Instagram : @BritWresRevivalBlog
And as always go and support our affiliates by using the dropdown!