1. Welcome to TheBritishWrestlingRevival H.T, first of all please introduce yourself to the readers and give them a quick summary of yourself as a wrestler???
Hey I am HT Drake and wrestling wise I am a bit of a jack of all trades as I strike hard, fly about a bit and will also get technical on you if the mood takes me.
2. Lets talk about your growing up, did you enjoy watching wrestling growing up or did it start much later and if so, who inspired you to think I am going to become a Wrestler??
I didn’t really get into wrestling until I was in high school. A few friends were into in and I ended up going round their houses and watching it. I got hooked during the attitude era of WWE which led me to seek out things like ECW and eventually the likes of ROH, Noah and Dragon Gate. Now I watch a bit of this and that but I mainly just watch British stuff live as I try to watch most shows I’m on and will still visit shows if I’m not booked.
There wasn’t really a single person who inspired me. I loved guys like RVD and the Hardy Boyz and later guys like Kenta, Bryan Danielson and Nigel McGuinness. Saying that, making the decision to go full pro came from watching guys like Rampage Brown, Bubblegum and Mark Haskins.
3. How did you get involved with Wrestling training, who trained you, how was this experience and if you could have been trained by anyone else or even do a seminar with dead or alive when you started off wrestling who would it be and why would it have helped you as a wrestler ??
Dear lord this could be a long answer as I had a fair few years under my belt before I got trained properly. Originally I started training with a small local company called IWF, they had good intentions but there wasn’t anybody who could really train anybody. Fast forward 4 years and I ended up getting trained by Iain Robson and AJ Anderson, this was good quality training but unfortunately this school shut down.
Fast forward another few years and I finally ended up getting trained by Rampage Brown at his school in Birtley (just south of Newcastle upon Tyne anybody interested in being a wrestler should check it out). I’ve been there since it opened and I have improved massively over the last year or so thanks to Rampage’s training.
4. You wrestle quite a bit for TIDAL up in the Leeds area, what are your thoughts on their rise over the past 2 years in quite an overcrowded area of the country for wrestling and have you enjoyed being a part of that since you debuted for them??
TIDAL has been pretty good to me since I filled in for a dropout last minute (always take your gear). I do really enjoy the shows they put on with the Leeds crowd being particularly good fun to wrestle in front of.
Tidal have managed to carve out a little corner for themselves as their shows cater to big wrestling fans as opposed to a casual fan. Although the attendances aren’t huge the shows feel very big and the atmosphere is always great.
5. You are part of the Touring Roster for All Star at the minute, is it great for you to be able to wrestle in different places every night and meet new sets of fans who may be seeing you for the first time and how is it working with Brian Dixon who is known as being one of if not the best promoters in the UK??
Touring and wrestling for All Star is tiring, challenging but fantastic all at the same time. Wrestling in front of 1000’s of people is something else and meeting new fans all the time is pretty rewarding as you get a fresh chance to make a first impression almost every night.
All Star made me a much better wrestler. The guys who work on the shows are some of the best in the word and I have learned so much from them in my brief time on the team.
6. You wrestle for another promotion based in Leeds in BWE where you and BWR alumni Micky The Dragon are the current tag team champions, how is it teaming with Micky and would you say you like to wrestle in a team to mix it up occasionally instead of doing mostly singles matches??
Teaming with Micky is great fun, he is usually a nice guy but I guess tagging with me brings out his nasty streak. Together we managed to capture our first ever titles in the MEW tag belts and then we added the BWE tag belts so its been a pretty successful pairing up.
I enjoy mixing things up and tagging with Micky, I just like wrestling if I’m honest so singles or tag is fine by me.
7. You wrestle for Absolute Wrestling and are part of their Championship Tournament and in the first round you will be facing Liam Lazarus, looking at the other wrestlers taking part in the tournament do you think that you have a massive chance of walking out with the belt and do you have any words for Liam ahead of your match??
The title tournament for Absolute Wrestling is a pretty big opportunity as there are a load of big names in the tournament and it’s a chance to be the first ever champion for a rapidly growing company. I believe I have a chance though as I have to believe I’ve got what it takes otherwise there is no point in going into the tournament.
The last time I wrestled Liam Lazarus in Absolute he managed to beat me. I don’t repeat mistakes and history will not be repeating itself.
8. What are your future ambitions in Wrestling and where do you see yourself in 5 years time??
I want to travel with wrestling and get around Europe and eventually the world.
In 5 years I will probably be in hospital getting my knees replaced.
9. Where can the readers find H.T Drake and where can promoters book you??
You can find me on twitter @HTDrakeWrestler Facebook www.facebook.com/HTDrake
For booking you can message my twitter, my Facebook or email firstname.lastname@example.org
10. Have you got any future dates or projects you wish to plug??
Yeah there are some pretty good things going on at the moment that i’m involved with.
Firstly i’m on the One More Round Charity Show for Cavendish Cancer Care and Kris Travis on the 19th of March www.facebook.com/events/1049635728392036
Absolute Wrestling have a very exciting looking tour on from the 15th-17th of April –I’m on all 3 days and it’s the start of their big tournament.
Tidal Wrestling are saying goodbye to Leeds University venue on the 24th of April and I think it’s only fitting that we give it a good send off.
I’m wrestling the Party Peacock Dalton Castle and I plan on killing him good and proper.
There are loads of other good things going on but I think 3 is enough for the moment.
I hope this little read has been interesting.
Thanks to H.T Drake for taking part in this interview and taking time out of his schedule to complete these, as a thank you please go and support him on social media and there will be more like this coming up only way to find out when they are out is by going to :
Twitter : @BritWresRevival
And as always go and support our affiliates by using the dropdown!