1. Welcome to TheBritishWrestlingRevival Blog, cheers for taking time out to answer these questions, first of all please could you give a brief introduction to the readers about yourself and your wrestling career so far??
A: Well I trained while in college and started wrestling at the end of 2002 I started wrestling. Since then I have been able to work all across the United States as well as Europe and Japan. I was a mainstay at PWG, had a short run in TNA and was the character Harold in the Anger Management skits in WWE with Daniel Bryan and Kane. Over the last few years I have jumped back and forth between pro wrestling and fighting in mixed martial arts.
2. Let’s speak briefly about growing up for you, did you watch wrestling growing up or was it later on in life and who would you say inspired you both in wrestling and out of it to become one??
A: I was a huge wrestling fan as far back as I can remember. It had to be one of the first things I ever watched on TV haha. I think I always had it in my mind I wanted to do it. My favorite wrestling growing up was Bret Hart. He was the first person that made me really want to do it. As I got older and the business changed I really became fond of Shawn Michaels and Kurt Angle. Outside of wrestling I draw a lot of inspiration from fighters. Muhammad Ali, Floyd Mayweather, Anderson Silver, George St. Pierre, and Chuck Liddell just to name a few.
3. Speaking of becoming a wrestler, how did you get involved in wrestling training, who had a hand in this and would you say that you enjoyed the experience??
A: I trained in the old Southern California Revolution Pro Rudos Dojo. I had a lot of trainers such as American Wild Child, Super Dragon, Mr. Excitement, Rising Son, Ebony Blade, and Disco Machine. I loved it. It was hard work but it was also everything I wanted to do. We’d show up. Set up the ring. Train, set everything up for the show that night. Work the show as security or ring crew, then tear it all down when the show was over and do it again the next day. All part of paying our dues.
4. You are known to many for being part of PWG from 2003-2012, what are your thoughts on the rise of the promotion up to now and would you ever return in future if given the possibility??
A: It was truly remarkable how far the company has come. I think back to those beginning days and they were so fun. Sometimes I wish I could go back and relive those days. I’m happy for them and hope they continue to get bigger. I was entertain the idea of returning. It has links to the promotion I trained at. I was just a kid when I was in Guerrilla before. Still learning the ropes, so I think I would do a lot better now than I did then.
5. You worked in TNA as Mason Andrews from 2012-2013, what are your thoughts on your time with the company and from the point of view of an ex-competitor how is it wrestling an Ultimate X match??
A: I loved my time there. They treated me very well and I learned a lot. I wish we could have worked together longer but I guess it wasn’t in the cards. As for the Ultimate X match, it is definitely intimidating. When I used to watch them on TV I thought it just looked cool and fun, but when you’re in there it’s totally different haha. Not that it isn’t fun but like I said it’s definitely intimidating.
6. You worked a dark match for Lucha Underground in March of this year apparently, was this a tryout for a potential spot on the roster and is there still a possibility that we may see Scorpio Sky on Lucha Underground permanently in future??
A: I love what LU is doing. It’s a highly entertaining show. I have a great relationship with them and we enjoy working together. I wouldn’t rule anything out, we’ll just have to see what the future holds.
7. You are known to have previously had WWE tryouts and even worked in anger management skits with Kane and Daniel Bryan and apparently you were off limits due to working for TNA a month prior, what’s it like backstage at RAW and has there been possible times since 2013 that you could have joined WWE??
It’s all business at TV. Things seem to be run very professionally and like clockwork. I was backstage at SummerSlam 2013 and had a small role on the show but have not worked with them since. There’s a lot of controversy with that and everything that happened over the internet and them being a public company but I don’t lose any sleep over it. They are doing great and I’m making a living doing what I love. I am truly blessed.
8. Of course the blog is called TheBritishWrestlingRevival, you have previously been over here working for IPW:UK, what were your thoughts on your time over here and also would you return in the future and if so who would you want to face and why??
A: I absolutely love the UK. I thought about moving there in 2007. The fans are tremendous and there’s a lot of talent coming out of that part of the world. I would love to return and might be coming by the end of the year. I would love for the fans to choose who they would like to see me against and go from there.
9. Where can the readers find/follow Scorpio Sky on social media and how can promoters get hold of you for potential bookings??
A: You can reach me on Twitter and Instagram @SCORPIOSKY and on Facebook.com/ScorpioSkyDotCom and promoters can reach out to me for booking by emailing ScorpioSky4ever@yahoo.com
10. Finally have you got any future dates and/or projects you wish to plug??
A: I will be traveling to Europe in the month of July to film a TV show. I cannot give too many details now but follow me on social media as I will have more details later. We are almost ready to launch my website ScorpioSky.com so keep checking for that as we will have a lot of great wrestling, MMA, and other content coming from there. Catch me on PCW shows and visit pacificcoastwrestling.com for details andhollywoodwrestling.com along with watching Championship Wrestling From Hollywood shows on the FITETV app. Thanks.
Thanks to Scorpio Sky for taking part in this interview and taking time out of his schedule to complete these, as a thank you please go and support him on social media! There will be more like this coming up only way to find out when they are out is by going to :
Twitter : @BritWresRevival
And as always go and support our affiliates by using the dropdown!