1. Welcome to TheBritishWrestlingRevival Blog, thank you for your time please introduce Lucas Archer to the readers??
Thanks for taking the time, firstly, to send me this interview. My name is Lucas Archer. I’m 24 years old. I’ve been wrestling professionally for around 18 months.
2. Let’s talk quickly about growing up for you, did you watch wrestling as a child and if so which wrestlers really inspired you to go down the path of training to become a wrestler??
Wrestling was just about all that I watched, if I’m honest. That and Robot Wars! I was inspired largely by so many. Big favourites growing up were The Undertaker, Rey Mysterio, Y2J & Shawn Michaels. The last two are guys that inspire me to this day, just endlessly talented & unbelievable characters!
3. Next up lets speak about Training, how did you get involved in wrestling training, who had a hand in this and would you say that you enjoyed the experience??
I got involved with wrestling through a friend. He took me to a House of Pain Wrestling show in Arnold in probably 2013? He then took me to an Open Day held by the school. I then didn’t go back until early 2014 & haven’t looked back since! Stixx has had the largest hand in my training, followed very closely by Joseph Conners. I’ve attended seminars with Rockstar Spud, which was so insightful, Rich Swann, DJ Z, Amazing Red, The Wolves to name a few. I’ve loved it so far. I get taught something new each time I train, what’s not to enjoy!
4. You wrestle for HOPE and recently teamed with Sam Goodison at Sutton in Ashfield in a tag team gauntlet, what are your thoughts on the match and also would you team up with Sam again in the future potentially??
I did indeed! I enjoyed our participation in the match. I feel like we offered something different to the match. I like Sam, alot. We met through the HOPE training academy, I don’t think alot of people look at us as a conventional “team” but we just click, to be honest. I’m happy to have Sam’s back at HOPE or wherever else he might need a partner! He’s definitely someone to keep your eyes out for too!
5. You also wrestle for one of the biggest new promotions in the UK in WCPW who have attracted some real success views wise so far and the talent they are bringing in, what are your thoughts on their rise so far and also what are your thoughts on being showcased in front of thousands of people through YouTube??
WCPW is by far the best & biggest promotion I’ve had the pleasure of working for, in my young journey. Professional to the high standard. The exposure they offer me as a wrestler is priceless, and I’ll leave it at that. The Best is yet to come from WCPW, that’s a promise!
6. You have also wrestled for touring promotion All Star and Welsh Wrestling, what are your thoughts on the touring environment and would you say it’s great to do these shows to visit new towns and wrestle in front of new fans every night??
Again, I’ve been so lucky to be given opportunities to work on the All Star circuit. I’ve wrestled a handful of times at Butlins in Skegness & each time I have learnt something new. Huge crowds, all loud and you really get to experience a reaction. I don’t think there’s a better place in the world to learn, I hope that I get the opportunity to work there again & again going forward!
7. What are your thoughts on the current state of British Wrestling and would you say that you are proud to be part of it at the moment??
Oh god yeah, I’m proud to be a part of British Wrestling! The state of it isn’t for me to say. I’ve only been “on the scene” for 18 months. My experience has been awesome so far. I’ve been treated very well for the most part, and I love that I’m seeing someone that I respect so highly, in Joseph Conners, get to work with some of the best wrestlers in the world because of how well British Wrestling is doing. Promotions like Progress, Rev Pro, Southside, HOPE, NGW, PCW, ICW – not to mention WCPW – All just smashing it right now! The future’s bright I reckon!
8. What would you say are your future ambitions in Wrestling and where do you see yourself in 5 years time??
Future ambitions! To work for ALL the promotions listed above on a regular basis. I’d love to see the world. My big plan is to go and work in Mexico, Germany, Australia, Japan. I want this to be my full time job. Guys like Rampage Brown, El Ligero, Stixx, Joe Conners. They’re not playing wrestler. They ARE wrestlers. That’s my goal.
9. As the interview draws to a close, where can the readers find Lucas Archer on social media and how can promoters get in contact with you about potential bookings??
I’m very contactable! Had a fair few bookings this year, and a tag partner in Alex Gracie if promoters need a bad ass team. I’ll attach my contact details in a graphic, if that’s okay? Facebook – Lucas Archer – Professional Wrestler Twitter – @Lucasarcheruk
10. Have you got any future projects/dates you wish to plug, if so the floor is yours to do so??
I keep most of my upcoming events on my social media accounts. Follow me on there to keep up to date. Keep your eyes peeled on British Wrestling as you might just see my face pop up in a town near you!
I hope you enjoyed this interview and I would like to thank Lucas for completing the questions so fast, please go and support him on social media if possible!
If you want to support BWR :
Follow us on Twitter : @BritWresRevival and also like us on Facebook :https://www.facebook.com/BritishWrestlingRevival/