Photo Credit – Danielle Overend-Hogg Photography – https://www.facebook.com/Danielle-Overend-Hogg-photography-878160588914216/?fref=ts – Like her on Facebook
1. Welcome to TheBritishWrestlingRevival Blog, thank you for your time please introduce Jack Cave to the readers??
My name is “The Neon Demon” Jack Cave, I’m 28 years old and from Sheffield. Most should know that already though….
2. Let’s talk quickly about growing up for you, did you watch wrestling as a child and if so which wrestlers really inspired you to go down the path of training to become a wrestler??
I loved wrestling as a kid. When I was growing up you had people from Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels to The Rock and Austin being the main guys. The best times. I didn’t have sky at the time so had a few tapes that I would watch repeatedly then sleep at my friends houses to catch up as often as I could. The internet wasn’t as accessible then so I was months behind at times. I didn’t start wrestling until later in life so it was the more recent people that inspired me. CM Punk and the Miz were two of the recent guys I’ve always loved. But as a lad I loved Bubba Ray Dudley. Randomly. Then as most did, The Rock and Stone Cold
3. Next up lets speak about Training, how did you get involved in wrestling training, who had a hand in this and would you say that you enjoyed the experience??
My good friend Samuel Goodison told me I was destined to do it. He tried about 5 years ago to get me into training, I went a few times and realised how hard it was and gave up. Then I came back and stuck it out and here I am. I’ve trained under some great people as well. Bubblegum, Kris Travis, Chris Masters, Paul Malen, El Ligero. Training is tough and you never stop learning.
4. You team with Ryan Lee as One Vision in HOPE and other promotions, how did you start teaming and would you say you have great chemistry as a tag team??
One Vision actually has more members than some know. Samuel Goodison, Nick Mason and Radu Bulat are in there as well. They have things going off in other promotions as well though so it’s rare we are all together. Myself and Ryan are probably consistently together the most as a team. He’s a tag team specialist and one of the best in the game, he teaches me a lot. Together in one way or another, you’ll be entertained watching us. We are very…versatile. When you Add Samuel into the Mix, there is a mix of everything you’d need. Together we make the perfect wrestler.
5. On the 9th October you are facing El Ligero for Phoenix Events, what are your thoughts on your opponent and do you believe you can beat one of the best in the UK??
I was scheduled to face El Ligero on October 9th but due to circumstances out of our control, the show got cancelled. This disappointed me MASSIVELY. I was looking forward to locking up with in my opinion, one of the top wrestlers in the country. I’m sure it’ll happen down the line.
6. Speaking of one of the best, who would you say would be a dream opponent either dead or alive and why??
There are so many I’d love to go up against and hopefully eventually I will. I’m Currently massively high on Marty Scurll. He works magic. Bubblegum, Rampage Brown, Tbone (again) and Joey Ryan. In the middle of the ring with him, I’m sure a show would be put on.
7. What are your thoughts on the current state of British Wrestling and would you say that you are proud to be part of it at the moment??
British wrestling is better now than it ever has been. That’s a fact. Am I proud? 100%
8. What would you say are your future ambitions in Wrestling and where do you see yourself in 5 years time??
I was taught by a very knowledgeable man that if your answer isn’t WWE you aren’t aiming high enough. Unfortunately I’m 28 and probably started too late for that. In 5 years I’d like to be looked up to in the way I look up to others. Working at the biggest companies. Progress, ICW, PCW and such. There’s a lot of talent out there to face. I want them all.
9. As the interview draws to a close, where can the readers find Jack Cave on social media and how can promoters get in contact with you about potential bookings??
You can give me a like on the Jack Cave page. There is the 1 Vision page as well. My Twitter is morley_locke and my Instagram is Jack_Cave_88. All follows will be good for me and good for the follower.
10. Have you got any future projects/dates you wish to plug, if so the floor is yours to do so??
The future is bright. A lot of plans are being put in place by the 1 Vision boys where we are planning to get ourselves out there around the country. Trying new schools, working for new promotions. A lot of people like to play wrestler. My boys and I aren’t those kind of people. We want success and we will do everything to get it. To learn and to grow and to work against the best. That’s our aim. Watch this space.
I hope you enjoyed this interview and I would like to thank Jack for completing the questions so fast as well as BWR alumni Sam Goodison for suggesting the interview, please go and support him on social media if possible!
If you want to support BWR as well as Hustle Malone go and follow us on Twitter : @BritWresRevival
and also like us on Facebook :https://www.facebook.com/BritishWrestlingRevival/