1. Welcome to TheBritishWrestlingRevival Blog it’s a pleasure to have the opportunity to interview you, first of all could you please introduce yourself to the readers??
It’s a pleasure to be on the blog! My name is Americos, “The Star Spangled Superhero”!
2. Let’s start by speaking about growing up, were you into wrestling from a young age and if so who would you inspired you to follow the route of becoming a wrestler??
I’ve been into wrestling since I was very young. My parents have always been huge fans of wrestling, so I kind of grew up around it. Some of my main inspirations growing up were guys like Shawn Michaels and Eddie Guerrero, guys that weren’t too big, but definitely guys that changed the landscape of Professional Wrestling.
3. Next how did you get involved in Wrestling training, who trained you and how would you rate the experience??
I began training at 15 years old in my small hometown with my original trainer, Cody Cunningham. From there I trained with guys like Killer Tim Brooks and Johnny Mantell. All of these guys had their own way of teaching, were very old school, and I couldn’t have been happier with my experience training under them. On top of that, I’ve done more high quality seminars than I can count.
4. Let’s now speak about the Americos character, did you come up with the name and if so how and who designed your mask and would you say as a result you stand out as a wrestler??
Americos was a collaboration of different ideas between myself and a few other people. The idea of me behind a mask seemed like a good idea at the time, and when I was wrestling with Traditional Championship Wrestling, the Americos character was born. The mask and gear were all made from Oscar Vasquez, his connections in Mexico, and Mr. Masked Man. They do very high quality work and were able to help bring this character to life. As far as standing out, I think my look and presence is something different for sure. You immediately know who Americos is and what he stands for when he comes through the curtain.
5. You faced Braun Strowman on RAW recently, how did this come about, what was the atmosphere like backstage and would you say this may lead to a future opportunity with WWE??
The match with Braun Strowman was a very surreal experience. It came about after my name was given to them to pick me up when they made a Texas loop. So within about 3 weeks of getting a phonecall saying “hey, watch your email, you may be going to do some extra work for WWE”, I got the said email. The atmosphere backstage was very structured and very professional. It was intimidating, sure. But I never felt threatened by anyone and everybody that I talked to was generous and willing to help. As far as future opportunities, we will see! It’s looking very bright right now.
6. You were recently the IHWE J-Cup Champion but lost it soon after, is your goal to regain it in the future and if so do you have a message for Gregory James??
The IHWE J-Cup is one of my main focuses right now. Gregory James and I have a very long history. We are almost the same amount of time in the business, we have a chemistry that is almost unnatural, and we always seem to end up crossing paths no matter where we go. We even formed a small tag team at a Ring of Honor show once. But yes, one way or another I’ll get the J-Cup back. Just like another well documented Indy rivalry, Gregory James and I are meant to do this forever.
7. Of course the blog is called TheBritishWrestlingRevival, do you want to come over to the UK in future and if so who do you want to face if given the chance??
Travelling to the UK is definitely one of my biggest goals. It is such a hotbed of talent right now! I always want to improve and learn, and the UK and Japan are two places I dream of wrestling for sure. As far as who I’d want to face, three names immediately pop into mind. Marty Scurll, Will Ospreay, and Zack Sabre Jr. But really, I would love to wrestle anyone on the Revolution Pro or Progress roster. Those two companies are killing it right now.
8. What are your ambitions and goals in Wrestling and what do you want to achieve within 5 years would you say??
My ambitions in wrestling are to eventually sign with a large company, travel the world doing this, and to make myself a household name. In 5 years, I want to say that I’ve wrestled around the world (including Japan and UK obviously), and hopefully be seen on worldwide television on a weekly basis.
9. Where can the readers find Americos on Social Media and where can promoters book you if they wish to do so??
You can find me on Twitter at @AmericosTCW and on Instagram at “officialamericos”. Promoters can send me private messages here or on any social media platform for bookings!
10. Have you got any future dates you wish to plug or a message to the readers??
Near-future bookings include: 9/18 at IHWE in Fort Worth, TX 9/24 at NWA Elite Championship Wrestling in Dulac, LA I have more dates down, but some are unconfirmed. So stick to my social media and I will have many more up! The year should be packed! And to the readers, thank you for taking the time to read up a little about me! I’m living proof that dreams can become a reality, so never give up on those dreams and keep pushing! Thank you for having me!
I hope you enjoyed this interview and I would like to thank Americos for completing the questions so quickly, please go and support him on social media if possible!
If you want to support BWR as well as Americos go and follow us on Twitter : @BritWresRevival
and also like us on Facebook :https://www.facebook.com/BritishWrestlingRevival/