1. Welcome to TheBritishWrestlingRevival Blog Arik, cheers for agreeing to do the interview, first of all could you please introduce yourself to the readers??
Sure thing bruh! This is Arik Royal “The ACE Supreme” The longest reigning Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight champion of all time.
2. Let’s start by speaking about growing up, were you into wrestling from a young age and if so who would you inspired you to follow the route of becoming a wrestler??
Oh yeah I was definitely into wrestling growing up. I started watching when I was 5 years old. I was drawn to the Ultimate Warrior, Randy Savage, and Bret Hart. Bret was the inspiration to actually become a pro wrestler. WrestleMania 12 was the match that did it for me. The iron man match with HBK. As I got older I started to appreciate and watch Jumbo Tsuruta, Steve Williams and Stan Hanson. There’s many more inspirations, too many to name lol
3. Next how did you get involved in Wrestling training, who trained you and how would you rate the experience??
I train at the CWF Mid-Atlantic Dojo. I was/am trained by The Gemini Kid (Coach Gemini), Jesse Ortega, And Roy Wilkins. The way I got started is I actually found out about CWF Mid-Atlantic is I had just moved to North Carolina and I was at the Vengeance PPV when DX got back together and while someone in line told me about them and I actually e mailed them that night, but I didn’t actually start training until a couple years aftert hat, but as soon as the opportunity presented itself, I took it and here I am! I would rate the experience a 9.999999. Lol naw I enjoy it there so much. That’s my home. I love CWF.
4. You wrestle for NOVA Pro Wrestling and have been given the opportunity to face Chris Hero this coming Friday, what are your thoughts on NOVA Pro and also your opponent on Friday would you say you are looking forward to wrestling one of the best in the world??
NOVA is my home away from home! (CWF) Big Mike and Little Mike are Awesome. They’re one of the few places that have given me an opportunity to showcase what I capable and that shows that they have faith in me and I’ll be forever grateful for that. I have fun there and it’s not only because I’m undefeated there (That Doesn’t hurt things lol j/k) but seriously, the fans are great, and the locker room great too. A good melting pot of guys from The Tri States to North Carolina to Virginia to The Midwest and Southeast Trying to get noticed which brings me to my match this Friday with Chris Hero. I’ve been looking forward to this match for at least 5 years. He is one of the best in the world. He has been for a while. and I am definitely looking forward to standing toe to toe with him. It gives me a chance to show not only Hero, but other promotions and wrestling fans out there what I’m about and what I can do. Definitely a chance to prove myself.
5. You also wrestle for CWF Mid-Atlantic and have previously been heavyweight and tag team champion there, are you after another title reign this year and would you also say a run at the television title could also be in the offing??
I’ve accomplished a lot at CWF Mid-Atlantic. Rumble Winner, TV Champion, 2x Tag Team Champ, Only 2x Weaver Cup Champion and Longest Reigning Champion. The goal is to always be the Heavyweight champion and once you experience that feeling, you want it again. Not to downplay any of our other titles because they’re all important, but being the former Heavyweight champion, that’s what the goal is. Now if the TV title opportunity happens to present itself, I’ll take it
6. Previously you have wrestled for Matt Hardy’s promotion OMEGA, how long have you known Matt and how was it wrestling for a promotion quite well known because of the Hardys??
I actually got into OMEGA mainly because of Shane Helms. Most people know He and Matt and Jeff are pretty much family, but it was mainly The Hurricane that spoke to me about OMEGA. I known Shane for about as long as I’ve been training (8 years). He’s been a big help and I can’t thank him enough for giving me the chance to work for OMEGA. It’s been a dream of mine to work with them! All genuine good bruhs. Always an awesome experience .
7. Of course the blog is called TheBritishWrestlingRevival, would you come over to the UK if given the chance and if so do you have any opponents that are top of the list and why??
Oh bruh, I would love to come to the UK and Bring the Chaos to British wrestling scene. Of course you got ZSJ and Pete Dunne, There are too many guys to name on that list. The chance to go Show out would be the dope enough. Plus I just think I got a style the fans will enjoy
8. What are your ambitions and goals in Wrestling and what do you want to achieve within 5 years would you say??
My goals and ambitions in wrestling is to Travel the world and entertain and showcase my abilities for everyone to see. 5 years from now? Hopefully traveling the world doing what I love to do which is of course entertaining wrestling fans and creating new fans in the process.
9. Where can the readers find Arik Royal on Social Media and where can promoters book you if they wish to do so??
You can find me on just about every social media app out there!
Facebook Page: Arik Royal
10. Have you got any future dates or projects you wish to plug??
Yeah man of course NOVA Pro this Friday vs. Chris Hero. Watch CWF Worldwide on YouTube. NEW episodes every Wednesday night 9pm EST. You can also catch previous episodes and a lot of my matches on the CWF Mid-Atlantic YouTube page (keyword Arik Royal). I got CWF December 3rd, 10th, 17th and 30th. Other than that looking to fill up my 2017 calendar so use any or all of the social media accounts to reach me!
I hope you enjoyed this interview and I would like to thank Arik for answering the questions for you to read, please go and support him on social media if possible!
If you want to support BWR as well as Michael go and follow us on Twitter : @BritWresRevival
and also like us on Facebook :https://www.facebook.com/BritishWrestlingRevival/