1. Welcome to TheBritishWrestlingRevival Blog Damien, cheers for agreeing to do the interview, first of all could you please introduce yourself to the readers??
Hi Guys, thanks for having me. I’m Damien Corvin, one third of the Kings of the North faction from Belfast Northern Ireland.
2. Let’s start by speaking about growing up, were you into wrestling from a young age and if so who would you inspired you to follow the route of becoming a wrestler??
3. Next how did you get involved in Wrestling training, who trained you and how would you rate the experience??
I was moving back from Spain to Belfast and had been searching for somewhere to train. I came across UCW ( Ulster Championship Wrestling ) offering training on Sundays so I showed up. The experience early on wasn’t great, there was very little structure but it gave me a decent knowledge of basics. Later Bonesaw would take over my training at MEGA and that’s where I started to get better. I often travelled to Fight Factory Ireland for seminars with Paul Tracey and Fergal Devitt and to MSW Ireland for guest seminars.
4. You are part of the tag team Kings of the North with Bonesaw, how did you start teaming & are you looking this year to fully establish yourselves as one of the best tag teams in the UK this year??
When Over the Top wrestling started in 2014 I was still performing a gimmick I wasn’t 100% happy with, an opportunity came in a match with Luther Ward to drop the gimmick and evolve my character, bringing out a more vicious and cocky side. Dunkan Disorderly and Bonesaw were also working heel and as we were all from Belfast we were put together for a 6 man Tag with the Wards and it just blew up from there and As a group we’ve evolved greatly over the last 2 years. As the Tag team KOTN I feel like we’ve already established ourselves as one of the best teams on the UK/Ireland scene, but we want to continue pushing ourselves and look to get working with more of the best teams out there
5. You wrestle as part of Kings of the North for OTT Wrestling in Dublin who have increased in popularity over the past year or so, what are your thoughts on the rise of OTT and you have recently regained your tag titles, how did it feel to win those back and do you have a message for anyone wanting to challenge you and Bonesaw??
6. You are assistant head trainer at the Uprising Training School I believe, how did that come about and how does it feel to have a hand in training the next generation??
We’re lucky to have some of the most talented and hungry lads training at the Uprising school, makes my job easy, it’s awesome to be a part of their journey. Look out for Evan Wright, Curtis Murray, Eddie Stone, Steven Carvel and Gavin Fitz. These lads will be massive
7. You have faced Tucker many times over the past few years who was part of the WWE UK Tournament, how was it seeing Tucker as part of it & overall what are your thoughts on the tournament??
Tucker was there on my first day of training, both of us teenagers, both of us with no business being near a wrestling ring. Over the last decade we have wrestled each other countless times and pushed each other to be better and be in better shape. When he got the call to be in the UK championship tournament he got on to me to come and train at Uprising to make sure he was in the best in ring shape he could be and add new moves to his set, watching him apply everything from the weeks before the tournament to have one of the best matches in the weekend was awesome, I couldn’t be more proud of him. As for the tournament itself, I loved it, it was great seeing so many OTT regulars tear the house down. All the lads were great, and Tucker, Pete, Mark, Jordan and Tyler put in some awesome performances.
8. What are your ambitions and goals in Wrestling and what do you want to achieve within 5 years would you say??
My ambition now is the same as it always was. To make it to WWE. But I’d also like to work for ROH, I’m a massive fan of what they do. I want to take the KOTN to the Top of every tag division we can .
9. Where can the readers find Damien Corvin on Social Media and where can promoters book you if they wish to do so??
10. Have you got any future dates or projects you wish to plug??
Everybody OTT, live or at Vimeo.com on demand. And we’ve Uprising Wrestling: The beginning on march 5th, in Belfasts Europa Hotel, our schools first show! You can check out the event on Facebook.
I hope you enjoyed this interview and I would like to thank Damien for answering the questions for you to read, please go and support him on social media if possible!
If you want to support BWR as well as Damien go and follow us on Twitter : @BritWresRevival
and also like us on Facebook :https://www.facebook.com/BritishWrestlingRevival/