1. Welcome to TheBritishWrestlingRevival Blog Sid, cheers for agreeing to do the interview, first of all could you please introduce yourself to the readers??
Thank you sir! It’s Savvy Sid Scala! I’ve always got a trick up my sleeve to nab that victory. Most recently I challenged former WWE Superstar Vader and garnered a two page spread as “The One to Watch” in top British Wrestling publication, Fighting Spirit Magazine. People know me for wheeling and dealing and I never miss a bargain when I see one! You can see me as the lovable cheeky chappy of British Wrestling.
2. Let’s start by speaking about growing up, were you into wrestling from a young age and if so who would you inspired you to follow the route of becoming a wrestler??
Hulk Hogan. Seeing him as a very young man had my eyes glued to the screen and I haven’t stopped loving it since that very moment. Mr Regal, Roddy Piper, Bryan Danielson but most of all Spud have been my biggest influences.
3. Next how did you get involved in Wrestling training, who trained you and how would you rate the experience??
Believe it or not I started in this game when I was 9 years old. Trained early by Johnny Kidd and Robby Brookside. They are some of the best the UK has ever produced. I learned how this Job works from Barry Charalambous since 2006 and still to this day!
4. You are facing Chris Brookes in the 1st round of the Z-Force Championship Tournament, what are your thoughts on the opportunity of claiming this title and do you have any words for Brookes??
When I win it I’m gonna rename it the V-Force title – the Sav V-Force title! Because that’s how I’m gonna win the thing! Using my savvy ways. And brookesy boy! You’re a legging devil aren’t ya? But listen mate there’s just more of you to trip up! My nan always said “Sid, don’t worry about those big lads cos the bigger they are the harder they fall”
5. You ended last year by teaming with James Mason and Stevie Starr for Ravenhill Promotions, what are your thoughts on the tour shows and would you say these are beneficial??
That was a great way to end the year, the show was packed and crazy loud. It was an honour to tag with Mr Mason. Any and all shows that I have the chance to wrestle on is an opportunity to learn and just get savvier – so all shows are beneficial!
6. You have teamed with Adam Maxted previously against Hornswoggle notably in XWA, what are your thoughts on Hornswoggle and also do you think you and Maxted have good chemistry as ‘Savvy Island’ and could wrestle in other promotions up and down the UK??
Hornswoggle is a cheeky little scamp! He stole my scooter and if I ever get the chance I’m gonna ring his neck! Now Adam! Adam is bursting at the seems with passion and hard work. We work because we compliment each other, and yes I believe that you could put us in any promotion in the UK and we would fit right in. He’s my boy! I’m hungry for a deal and he’s just hungry! On a side note I’ve been thinking of opening an Adam Maxted kissing booth – 5 quid for a peck on the cheek, 25 for a frenchy.
7. You faced Charleston in a chain match for Ultimate Pro Wrestling, how has this match come about and do you have any words for Charleston??
Charleston has been running away at every opportunity. In all his matches, not just with me. This was my opportunity to give him what he deserved and you can be certain that I did! The UPW show last week was there best ever! Don’t miss it where it goes up on the OnDemand service!
8. What are your ambitions and goals in Wrestling and what do you want to achieve within 5 years would you say??
Within 5 years my ambition is to have a permanent position in one of the major wrestling organisations. Ideally overseas although, in 5 years, the U.K. Scene will no doubt be rivalling the rest of the world with the opportunities that will be available.
9. Where can the readers find ‘Savvy’ Sid Scala on Social Media and where can promoters book you if they wish to do so??
I’m @SidScala everywhere online. For enquiries on Appearances, merchandise or bookings – SidScala@gmail.com
10. Have you got any future dates or projects you wish to plug??
I work for a lot of great promotions and if you ever see my mug on a poster for an event it will always be worth attending! There is a HUGE weekend for Fight! Nation coming up from Friday 10th – Sunday 12th of February in Canterbury, Eastbourne and Weymouth. I would massively recommend you get to one of, if not ALL of these shows. Fight! Nation are the best kept secret in British Wrestling. World Class. The XWA are being Kota Ibushi to the UK for the first time ever. On March the 11th in the Charter Hall in Colchester you can see history in the making and also grab a bargain from your old pal Sid while you’re there!
I hope you enjoyed this interview and I would like to thank Sid for answering the questions for you to read, please go and support him on social media if possible!
If you want to support BWR as well as Sid go and follow us on Twitter : @BritWresRevival
and also like us on Facebook :https://www.facebook.com/BritishWrestlingRevival/