1. Welcome to TheBritishWrestlingRevival Blog Anthony thank you very much for agreeing to take part in this interview, first of all could you please introduce yourself to the readers??
My name is Anthony Henry. I am a pro wrestler from Augusta, GA USA. I’ve been wrestling for 12 years.
2. Let’s first of all talk about growing up for you, did you watch wrestling growing up and if so who inspired you at the time to train to become a wrestler??
I definitely watched growing up. I started from a very young age, actually. I never stopped. I had a number of influences but the main guy was Shawn Michaels.
3. Next of all let’s speak about training for you, what are your thoughts on your training experience, who trained you and what advice would you give the readers if they are just getting into wrestling training??
I initially started training in Augusta, GA. I learned how to bump and do a few simple things, but that was about it. Once I started travelling, I found NWA Wildside in Cornelia, Ga and was kinda retrained by Sal Rinouro and Todd Sexton. My best advice is to find the most reputable place starting out. It will save you a lot of time. There are many places across the world that would be a great starting point.
4. You won the PWX X16 Tournament defeating the likes of Zack Sabre Jr and Trevor Lee on the way to it over the course of two nights, how did it feel to win this tournament and will you be back at the end of the year to defend it??
Winning X-16 was probably the best wrestling experience of my career, thus far. As to whether I will be defending my title, I am hoping that I will move past that and win the PWX World Title and won’t have to defend the tournament title.
5. You are part of WrestleMania weekend competing as part of CZW’s Best of the Best tournament, are you looking forward to this and do you have a message to any of the other participants in the tournament??
Yeah, I’m excited for best of the best. I think this may very well be the biggest one yet with the most high profile talent. It’s going to be insane. The advantage I have over the other guys is that they have all had a taste of what it’s like to be on top of the wrestling world. I haven’t. I feel I’m a little more hungry than my fellow competitors.
6. Speaking of CZW and tournaments, if given the chance would you ever take part in the Tournament of Death??
Tournament of Death is not for me. Nothing against it, but it’s not my style. I won’t say never cause you never no, though.
7. What are your future ambitions in wrestling and where do you see yourself in 5 years’ time??
My future ambitions are to get some international exposure and possibly get a contract somewhere. In 5 years? It’s interesting because people assume I am Young because they have only heard about me more recently. However, I’m 33. So, for me, I have some goals that I want to accomplish by 35. If I haven’t done so by then, I may hang up the boots. We’ll see where this crazy business takes me and hope for the best.
8. Of course the blog is called TheBritishWrestlingRevival, would you ever come over to the UK if given the chance and if so who would you have your eye on facing??
Wrestling in the UK, and Europe in general, is a major goal of mine. It’s difficult because you almost have to reach a certain level of notoriety in the states before you can make that type of move. If the opportunity comes up, I’d love to. Guys like Tyler Bate and Pete Dunne are favs of mine, even before the UK tournament went down. So I’d love to compete with those guys. Also, Mark Haskins and a few others.
9. Where can the readers follow your progress on social media and where can promoters book you for shows if they are reading this??
My username for the majority of my social media is Antnyhenry. Promoters can certainly book me here, twitter, or even Instagram through DM. I travel all the time so am down to go wherever.
10. Do you have any future dates or projects that you want to plug to end the interview off??
Wrestlemania weekend will be big for me. I’m on pwrevolver show as well as Best of the Best and FIP. I may find my way onto others as well. In 2 weeks I face Jake Manning for the PWX World Title. That’s February 19 and is gonna be a huge event and, hopefully, a big moment for me. I hope everyone can check it out. I am hoping for it to be on IPPV for highspots, but that hasn’t been confirmed yet
I hope you enjoyed this interview and I would like to thank Anthony for answering the questions for you to read, please go and support him on social media if possible!
If you want to support BWR as well as Anthony go and follow us on Twitter : @BritWresRevival
and also like us on Facebook :https://www.facebook.com/BritishWrestlingRevival/