1. Welcome to TheBritishWrestlingRevival Dezmond, thank you for doing this interview, first of all please could you introduce yourself to the readers of TheBritishWrestlingRevival Blog??
– My name is Desmond Xavier, I am from Dayton, Ohio USA. I am a Hybrid (High Flying and Striker) wrestler that is loves to have a good time in the ring, yet can switch gears and flip it up a notch at a moments notice.
2. Let’s first talk about growing up for you, who would you say inspired you to become a wrestler and did you always want to be one or did this come later on??
– The wrestlers that inspired me at first were “Macho Man” Randy Savage, Rey Mysterio, Jeff Hardy, Shawn Michaels and AJ Styles. I always wanted to be a wrestler, I would have matches with my cousins and siblings using the couches for safe places to slam and do flips from the armrests.
3. How did you get involved in Wrestling training, who had a hand in this and how would you rate your experience??
– I was serving in the United States Air Force when I got wind of a school opening up in my area. Being curious, a few friends of mine and I went to check things out. Took a few bumps and fell in love on a different level. I was originally trained by Earl “The Pearl” and “Ramblin” Rich Myers at the Gillberg Pro Wrestling Academy. My training was really good. Made sure I had the fundamentals locked down before I progressed to the more difficult things and were there to push me to get better.
4. You wrestle for Combat Zone Wrestling mainly, how did this come about, who is your favourite opponent so far on the CZW roster and would you ever do a deathmatch in CZW if given the chance and if so with who??
– I gained my spot on the CZW roster when DJ Hyde witnessed a match of mine from my home promotion of Rockstar Pro in Dayton, Ohio. I debuted officially as a faction known as Scarlet and Graves with my brothers Dave Crist and Zachary Went along with our manager JT Davidson. My favorite opponent from the roster would have to be Shane Strickland. We have had some great matches and people across the country have been clamoring to have it happen around them to see it live. I have considered doing a deathmatch but it would only happen with one person. And that is AR Fox.
5. You and ‘Speedball’ Mike Bailey faced each other recently for a match in Alpha-1 Wrestling which you both wanted, what were your thoughts on the match and are you glad to have been given the opportunity to wrestle Mike in a match you both wanted??
– Yes, I was ecstatic to face off with Speedball. Every since i had seen his work, I’d wanted a chance to test myself against him. It was a great match and I really look forward to the next time that we can do it.
6. You came over here to the UK for a short while for PCW and TIDAL Wrestling I believe, are you looking forward to coming to the UK and if given the chance to face anyone other than your current opponents on the tour in the UK who would it be and why??
– I loved my time in the UK and I can’t wait to get back. The last time that I was there was surreal. Being in a foreign country is crazy enough but to have to win over such a group of rowdy fans is nerve racking. But, everyone seemed to accept me well and have been awaiting my return. Which makes me very happy to hear.
7. What are your ambitions and goals in Wrestling and what do you want to achieve within 5 years would you say??
– My goal is to be remembered for how I wrestled. My unique offense, my charisma, my style are all things I want to be a major part of the legacy that I leave behind. I want to do more traveling. Wrestle in countries across the globe, wowing crowds with my abilities all while having a good time and touching the heart of as many people as I can. I would love to work for one of the major companies like Lucha Underground, WWE, Ring of Honor as well.
8. Where can the readers find Dezmond Xavier on Social Media and where can promoters book you if they wish to do so??
– I’m very easy to find on social media. Both Twitter and Instagram are DezmondXavier. Promoters can reach me at email@example.com. Also I have an online store that ships worldwide at www.bottomlinemerch.com/dezmondxavier.
9. Have you got any future dates you wish to plug or a message to the readers??
– Yes, I make my PWG debut against Shane Strickland on March 18th. I will be taking place in numerous shows during Wrestlemania Weekend , March 31st- April 2nd. And I will be returning to the UK for a short tour, May 5th – 29th working for numerous places, so be sure to check my social media pages for specific shows and dates.
I hope you enjoyed this interview and I would like to thank Dezmond for answering the questions for you to read, please go and support him on social media if possible!
If you want to support BWR as well as Dezmond go and follow us on Twitter : @BritWresRevival
and also like us on Facebook :https://www.facebook.com/BritishWrestlingRevival/