1. Hello Jax and welcome to TheBritishWrestlingRevival thanks for your time, could you please give the readers a quick introduction to yourself to start the interview off??
Hello guys ! My name is Jax Dane – I grew up in Bakewell – Tennessee (right outside of Chattanooga). It’s a real small farm town with a population of a few hundred. I tip the scales at roughly 311lbs and just a hair over 6’4 inches ! Oh. And I love cats !
2. Lets speak first of all about growing up for you, did you watch wrestling growing up and overall who inspired you to pursue a wrestling career in terms of wrestlers you were watching at the time??
Of course I was a fan growing up. I’d guess most of us that are lucky enough to have a career in wrestling all started off as fans. I was your typical kid that liked larger than life athletes. Hogan. Dusty. Road Warriors. Nikita Koloff. Steiners. Then a little later the Rock, Stone Cold. APA. You know. The normal ones that your average fans fell in love with.
3. Speaking of growing up, how did you get involved in wrestling training, who trained you and how would you rate the experience looking back on it now??
I played college basketball and I had relationship in place that introduced me to Dr Tom. From there I made it up to OVW – climbed into the ring. I was trained by Dr Tom, Rip Rogers, Nick Dinsmore and Rob Conway. Had a few life situations along the way that postponed the climb a time or two – but I think everything happens for a reason and I’m right where I’m supposed to be right now.
4. Many of the readers will know of you from recently joining Ring of Honor, how did you get your opportunity to be in Survival of the Fittest and how has your experience been like so far??
ROH was coming to Texas and we had some discussions in the past about me coming on board. They thought I’d be a good fit for the Survival of the Fittest especially with it being in my back yard. A handful of conversations later we agreed on a few dates. I finished up with the NWA and started over w ROH almost immediately.
5. Before Ring of Honor you were part of the NWA where you were the Heavyweight Champion for over a year, is this a title you want to regain in the future or would you say this is in your past and how did it feel to hold a prestigious title like that for so long??
First off. Holding the NWA WORLDS HW CHAMPIONSHIP is literally a dream come true. The lineage and the prestige of that title speaks for itself and it is an honour to forever be listed with those guys. You never want to say never to anything but as of right now my focus is beyond the NWA and what I was able to accomplish there. I’m really grateful for those guys and grateful for those opportunities (NWA GRANDSLAM HOLDER). I still wrestle for a handful of their promotions and I’m pulling for their success. (The more places that are successful means there is more opportunity for Wresters to lace their boots).
6. You also wrestle for WrestleCircus who seem to be a promotion on the up at the moment, what are your thoughts on what WC are doing at the moment and is the Ringmaster title in your sights in the future??
Wrestle Circus is on fire. It’s great to be a part of such an innovative show that delivers some really interesting match ups. The locker room there is fantastic. So many different styles and flavors represented in a grouping of some of the best wrestlers in the World. Al and Lexi Lenhart have done a tremendous job getting that thing off the ground and providing some really top notch competition.
7. Of course the blog is called TheBritishWrestlingRevival, do you want to come over here in the future if given the chance and if so who would you want to face and why??
I’m heading over pretty soon. I don’t want to let the cat out of the bag yet – but I’m fairly confident you will see me shortly. There is a boatload of talent over there and I’m looking forward to seeing how I stack up.
8. What are your future ambitions in Wrestling and when you retire one day what one thing do you want to achieve before then??
I just want to be the best Professional Wrestler I can be. Maximizing ones potential should always be the focus. So wherever this journey takes me. Becoming the best Jax Dane I can be. That’s the goal.
9. Where can the readers find Jax Dane on social media and where can promoters book you for upcoming shows??
Twitter – @theJaxDane
Instagram – Jax_Dane
Facebook – @thejaxdane (J Dane Laymon)
10. Finally have you got any future dates and projects you want to plug??
Hell yeah man. I got some great ones coming up.
March 17 – WrestleCircus vs Jeff Cobb
March 25/26 AML – Big Man Bash (Tournament w Drew Galloway)
April 21 – NWA New South vs Jocephus Brody
May 13 – NWA Smoky Mountain vs Ryback
June 4 Brave Immortal Combat vs Hernandez.
I hope you enjoyed this interview and I would like to thank Jax for answering the questions for you to read, please go and support him on social media if possible!
If you want to support BWR as well as Jax go and follow us on Twitter : @BritWresRevival
and also like us on Facebook :https://www.facebook.com/BritishWrestlingRevival/